Divers Found Drifting Way Offshore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you saying you do not believe the incident even happened?
Nope not saying ot didn’t happen - im
Saying that the OP used the event to his advantage for self promotion - he provided vague yet accusatory information which was most likely exaggerated, and definitely not fact checked before putting it out here. He’s been on Scubaboard long enough to
Know how people would react to the post - he jumped automatically to the conclusion that the dive shop was negligent just to advertise that he and his team rescued them.

I will say that a rental boat comes with the captain - so it was being operated by the dive shops captain - still Doesn’t mean he captain was negligent - like
I said, could
Be that tje divers got separated from
The group
Underwater and surfaced where a boat would not
Know to look - there are 100 different scenarios that could be true - my point is it was used in a aelf
Seeking manner

Virtually all of us in here have no idea what happened, or even if anything happened. There were a couple of posts at the beginning of all this with very little information, and none of it was corroborated, yet here we are 250+ posts into arguing over whose fault it was. Pass the popcorn. :popcorn:

I will say that a rental boat comes with the captain - so it was being operated by the dive shops captain - still Doesn’t mean he captain was negligent - like
That's a key piece of information. Makes the fact that it's a rental irrelevant. Normally I'd describe that as a private charter rather than a rental.

Virtually all of us in here have no idea what happened, or even if anything happened. There were a couple of posts at the beginning of all this with very little information, and none of it was corroborated, yet here we are 250+ posts into arguing over whose fault it was. Pass the popcorn. :popcorn:
Yes, this is called the Internet. It is something developed to shake your faith in humanity.

Yes, this is called the Internet. It is something developed to shake your faith in humanity.
I'm pretty sure Tim Berners-Lee envisioned something substantially different than what we have today.

And I heard Al Gore claimed responsibility :)

Which kind of makes sense considering the level it has sunk to.
Actually, Al Gore was on the Armed Services committee that approved DARPA funding. The quote that results in

But it will emerge from my dialogue with the American people. I’ve traveled to every part of this country during the last six years. During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country’s economic growth, environmental protection, improvements in our educational system. During a quarter century of public service, including most of it long before I came into my current job, I have worked to try to improve the quality of life in our country and in our world. And what I’ve seen during that experience is an emerging future that’s very exciting about which I’m very optimistic and toward which I want to lead.

I don't like Al Gore (Tipper even less), but that statement is blown way out of proportion. Poor choice of words, but DARPA funding was critical.

This has to be one of the most OT side discussions of a thread in ScubaBoard history.

Nope not saying ot didn’t happen - im
Saying that the OP used the event to his advantage for self promotion - he provided vague yet accusatory information which was most likely exaggerated, and definitely not fact checked before putting it out here. He’s been on Scubaboard long enough to
Know how people would react to the post - he jumped automatically to the conclusion that the dive shop was negligent just to advertise that he and his team rescued them.

I said, could
Be that tje divers got separated from
The group
Underwater and surfaced where a boat would not
Know to look - there are 100 different scenarios that could be true - my point is it was used in a aelf
Seeking manner
Dear Christie. Your FN Hilarious. Totally 100% accurate. Why would I make up some story like this for self promotion? I say factual information. I dont need to mention names for curious minds. Anyone wants to know just ask me when you see me. Ill take you right over to the captain who rescued the divers and he will tell you same. Christie misses Dave so much she just trying to stir crap with anyone on here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom