Divers in Hurry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The great advantages of going slow are the "secret" of the experienced diver. One of the best ways to save air is to make all moves in slow motion, including the pace of your swimming. Another way to teach divers to slow down is to encourage use of a flashlight during day dives to help look in holes and cracks.

Of course, giving everyone a camera will stop them in their tracks.

i like lynne's & rick's suggestions, but i have to say i mainly agree with terry. if i were on one of those 'muck' dives looking for teeny rare things, the whole plan for me would be to follow the expert who knows where they live, but it's not what i'm used to and the idea of a guided carribean reef dive gives me the willies. i hate being treated like i'm stupid, and that's how i would take that.

i expect dm's to do the boat briefing, hook into the wreck, count us off & on the boat, and not touch my gear except for helping me to haul the doubles back on deck. then again, in nc they don't even cut up a pineapple - which admittedly would be nice!

Thanks for all those excellent points. Mr. X you had a great point, we will try to adopt that. We never guide people who want to be left alone. We brief them about the dive site - features, species they would like to encounter (species chart) and they go on their own. We do not encourage solo divers as someone pointed out if any accidents happens we have everthing to loose. Permits will be withdrawn by the govt. Moreover the nearest Hyperbaric chamber is 600 kms away, so we need to be extra cautious.
Funny part is I see lots of divers with hundreds of dives freak out when they dive in this viz. Most of the times when you go from 12 m to 16 m the viz drops from 4-5 m to few mm . We know the place and are used to the conditions. I even enjoy the dives in mm viz if you are patient enough there are still things to see. Diving is 10m + viz is always easy as long you keep track of the time, air and depth. Few days back i wrote about the algal bloom we were experiencing. Some customers enjoyed it , some opted to end the dive after 10 mins into the dive.

Back
Top Bottom