Divers in Malaysia: do you have Scopolamine patch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went to an ent once, just for the fun of it, apparently he's a diver too.

Neve,

My eldest brother is an ENT based in England, and while he doesn't dive, he says the most common and basic (excluding getting a massive hang-over from the previous night) reason for motion sickness while on a boat, is not getting sufficient sleep the night before.

I find that he's right on this point (for once; heheheh). When I recall my old deep sea fishing days, I now realize that I get seasick much easier if I haven't slept well the previous night, for whatever reason. Taking dramamine or whatever doesn't help much.

BTW, the patches are a bit hard to come by nowadays as reported by a pharmacy, and they're on prescription as well. Wonder why. But they said I could try some other large pharmacy chains to be sure, which I'll do tomorrow.

Roger,

thanks for the effort! I owe you one.

as for alcohol, I make it a personal rule never to touch any while I'm on a diving trip. I like a few glass of wine every now and then, but I won't even touch a single drop during a dive trip. So I don't think that's the cause of my seasickness.

could you just let me know the name of the large pharmacy chain? I may be able to find it myself. I'll be in KL this weekend, staying around Bukit Bintang. There should be plenty of pharmacies there, I think?

Neve,

No sweat, man.

Good on your liquor abstention while on a dive trip. Wish I had that kind of will power. We (buddies, instructor and DM!!!) all look forward to the end-of-day "salut" session :)

The largest pharmacy chains here are Guardian, followed by Georgetown and Apex.

Yup on the Bukit Bintang area location. Even within the shopping centres you would find them.

Regards,

Roger

Back
Top Bottom