Divers Song Parodies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
if i may be pedantic for a wee bit...

"Tainted Love" was in fact written by Ed Cobb in the mid 60's (yes... mid 60's)
and recorded by Gloria Jones.

I've heard the original version, and it's a standard "girl group" song. Soft Cell did
give it the "eerie" sound that made their cover rightly well known in 1982.

check out a brief blurb on Jones:

http://entertainment.msn.com/artist/?artist=116206

As always, I'm impressed by your erudition...

From a snorkelers point of view. :wink:

If I could spend time on the bottom
There's so much I'd like to do
I'd spend every day on the back of a ray
And my snorkel,I'd give it to you

If I had some gear just for scuba
Like some tanks and a brand new BC
I'd dive every day till narc took me away
2 days in de-comp and be back the next day

I've been on the top now enough you know
I'd like to see the stuff below
If I could dive....

But there never seems to be enough time
To hold my breath enough to dive
To the bottom

WTG Chuck... very good! You see this thread just keeps stretching out... :D

Dag gone it I've been AWOL and you all let the best thread ever die!!!!!!

Lets see some new parodies. :D

Chad

OK, NetDoc dug this thread up in chat a little while ago and I couldn't stop laughing. I think it's time to bring this one back. I'll work on some lyrics after I get a little sleep. Also thinking about checking copyright laws to see how the law is for derivative works. Maybe I'll make karaoke tracks for some of the songs. I talked to Pete about having him sing a "NetDoc sings scuba parodies" album with proceeds going to the SB legal defense fund, but he declined. But then again, annoying the RIAA is probably not the best way to raise money to fight a lawsuit.

But we need new parodies. I'll probably sit down and write in the next couple of days. I've noticed that a lot of classic rock has gone untouched, so stay tuned for butchery of some of the classics.

OK, NetDoc dug this thread up in chat a little while ago and I couldn't stop laughing. I think it's time to bring this one back. I'll work on some lyrics after I get a little sleep. Also thinking about checking copyright laws to see how the law is for derivative works. Maybe I'll make karaoke tracks for some of the songs. I talked to Pete about having him sing a "NetDoc sings scuba parodies" album with proceeds going to the SB legal defense fund, but he declined. But then again, annoying the RIAA is probably not the best way to raise money to fight a lawsuit.

But we need new parodies. I'll probably sit down and write in the next couple of days. I've noticed that a lot of classic rock has gone untouched, so stay tuned for butchery of some of the classics.

So nice, he posted twice! In light of our law suit, the first song is kind of ironic... doncha think?

lawsuit?

jesus, i go away for a year and all hell breaks loose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom