divers with non diving friends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calscubagirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going to Kailua, Oahu in Oct. for 4 days to visit with friends and then "of course" Maui for another 8 days. (still not enough!)
My friend that I'm visiting is not certified yet but, wants to be. She just hasn't had the time to do it. She just moved there so she's trying to get settled.
I'm of course going to go out on some dives for a day on Oahu but, wondering what she's going to do. I'm not sure if she'll be certified before I get there.
Can anyone make any suggestions on any dive companies that could take both divers and non divers/snorkelers on Oahu? Aren't there dives where non card holders can go on a couple of shallow dives with instructors? I'm assuming an introductory dive?

Lori

i know a couple guys heading out that way this week, im sure theyll have plenty of info for you when they return. keep in touch.

here.......Maui for another 8 days. (still not enough!) :rolleyes:

if she doesnt wanan get certified you can do a discover scuba class, or go to dive sites people snorkeling could also appreciate. i have a outfit ive used in maui if your interested.

It only takes a couple of evenings and a couple of days to get a c card, she should have time by then? Or! If not, go along with her on her OW dives and take pics of her.

California Diver:
if she doesnt wanan get certified you can do a discover scuba class, or go to dive sites people snorkeling could also appreciate. i have a outfit ive used in maui if your interested.
I'm pretty much set for Maui as far as boats but, I'm always looking for more suggestions...thanks! Who do you usually use?

Wildcard:
It only takes a couple of evenings and a couple of days to get a c card, she should have time by then? Or! If not, go along with her on her OW dives and take pics of her.
Hopefully she'll be done by the time I get there. I'll tell her that I can go with her (instructor willing) on her check out dives and do some video of her on her last dive. Maybe that'll give some insentive. Good idea! Thanks!

I had a friend come visit 2 weeks ago that was not certified, so we had an instructor at the LDS do a discover Scuba while I "tagged" along. Worked quite well actually and he had a blast... next trip I hope he'll get certified :wink:

Aloha, Tim

I'm with Tim on this one.

Maui Dreams Dive Co. will do it -- but the "tagalong" pays for a "guided shore dive" which is, incidentally, the same price as a Discover Scuba.

KrisB:
I'm with Tim on this one.

Maui Dreams Dive Co. will do it -- but the "tagalong" pays for a "guided shore dive" which is, incidentally, the same price as a Discover Scuba.

Fortunately I did not have to pay a "tagalong" fee... Which I would have simply shown up at the same location, same time and just happened to dive within sight of them if they had required one :wink:

Back
Top Bottom