Divi Flamingo- question on gear storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weinerr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Will be staying at the Divi Flamingo the week of Aug-6. How do they store your gear? Do they have a secure room to hang and dry your gear or do you get a locker?  If a locker, is it a full length locker so that you can hang your gear to dry or is it a small unventilated box? Do they provide wetsuit and BC hangers? Do they provide locks? I'm used to leaving all my gear at the dive shop which is then secured at night and everything is dry in the morning. Thanks.

I was there a couple of years ago after they built the new dock. It's very convenient. They will give you a lock (or sell you one?) and the locker is on the dive dock. It's large enough for all your dive gear and is well ventilated. There is a nice shower or two and some rinse tanks on the dock, as well. I also stayed at Buddy Dive a few months later, and preferred the dive operation there (more friendly personalities), but the storage is definitely superior at the Divi Resort. I believe there were hooks, instead of hangers, but I could be wrong. The lockers are full length. Be careful on the steps, b/c there was a lot of green algae at the time. Otherwise, you'll love it! The house reef is awesome, too! If you want to do shore diving, either lug the tanks to the back gate from the shop and dive around and pick them up, or stop by the tank shop up above and check out the tanks there. Have fun!:D

They have full length, ventilated wooden lockers with wooden hangers. If you are diving as a couple, you will need to share a locker. It is plenty big. You will need to bring your own lock or buy one. Its a good set-up. I don't think it could be any easier.

Definetly take your own lock. Bars in back of locker for hanging BCs. Some wooden hangers, but I take a couple for extra wet suits (full/ shorty & skin). I also take a boot/glove hanger since without gloves, they will hold 2 sets boots. Best set up that I have seen yet:cool2:
Have a great trip.
Tom

I agree with the posts above. Bring your own lock(combo is better as you don't have to deal with a key) and use the heck out of their lockers. They have a great reef just a giant stride and a couple kicks away.

BTW, you don't have to dive around to pick up the tanks at the back gate, your DRIVE around. That's what I get for posting late night after the sleeping meds. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom