diving 20th October??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim,

I will be able to go tomorrow so please refresh my memory as to what exit to get off of and which way to go after that. I will be coming south on 71 from Verona and I think it was the LaGrange Hwy 53 exit but I’ve forgotten which way after that. What time will you all arrive and is there anything I should bring besides personal equipment? Is this just a fun dive or is there some specific training going on? Call my cell phone if you need to get me.

Thanks

ScottSpencer once bubbled...
Jim,

I will be able to go tomorrow so please refresh my memory as to what exit to get off of and which way to go after that. I will be coming south on 71 from Verona and I think it was the LaGrange Hwy 53 exit but I’ve forgotten which way after that. What time will you all arrive and is there anything I should bring besides personal equipment? Is this just a fun dive or is there some specific training going on? Call my cell phone if you need to get me.

Thanks

You get off at the Hwy 53 exit and go to the right. You will cross a railroad track and there should be a lady selling Sunday newspapers in the road at the stop sign, turn left there. Then take a right on 4th Street. Falling Rock (Joe's) is on the right. We are leaving here about 9:00am so we should be there about 10:30.

You might want to bring snacks but we usually hit the Cracker Barrell after the dive to fill in our log books and fill our stomachs.

Jim said to check this thread in the morning and he would post the final decision as to whether we are going or not depending on weather.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Chad

Thanks for the directions. I checked the aviation wx for the area and it says no rain after 0400 this morning, so weather should not be a problem. I will get to the quarry about 10:30. See you then.

Supposed to be rainy in LaGrange on Sunday but NO thunderstorms predicted.:) I think KentuckyDiver may show up in coveralls and barefoot.

I hope he does come.

Chad

You guys leave to late for me to come down. I will be heading back home about the time you arrive.

we will have mostly cloudy skies and maybe some sprinkles off and on through the day. Overall kind of a dreary day but thats a good reason to go diving:)

Scott will be meeting us there.

See ya'll a little before 9:00 a.m.

Meeting at INNERSPACE ?

was pretty good:) The viz was the best I've seen it at 40 feet. Water temp was 64*F from surface to the bottom, NO thermocline! I think we pretty much agreed that viz was about 30 feet.

A few more folks have seen Excalibur now. Was good to see my friend Scott again. The day ended up being considerably nicer than it started out at 6:00 a.m.

Stopped at the local Cracker Barrel to fill out logbooks and have something to eat. Returned to the LDS to return borrowed and rental gear and hung out for awhile talking and telling jokes.

Turned out to be a very enjoyable day for me:) Sure looking forward to next weekends underwater pumpkin carving event and seeing all the new friends also.

Jim - I told Dawn she missed out. She said she wasn't worried about the diving part it was the getting out afterward that bothered her. When I told her I was only going to take my 5-mil next Saturday she decided she would dive also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom