Diving 2nd Season... Gear prep

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbird

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Well, it's time to take the gear out of storage.

I have my own regs, bc, etc.

Is there any preparation needed, things I might consider when using my stuff again after being put away for months?

You might want to consider taking the regs in to be checked out on an annual basis. Kind of like getting a tune-up for your car, where you can make sure everything is in good running order BEFORE you "take it on the road".

As for the rest, if it was properly stored, there shouldn't be any problems. Just hook up the BC & make sure it inflates & deflates properly from all the right orifices, no leaks, etc.

There are lots of other things, but too many variables... care to pose some specific questions?

~SubMariner~

Well, regs aren't due for service until October. Tanks are ready to be sent in, they aren't mine and they are due for hydro and vis. What is the going rate for a hydo insp, do you know?.

You might want to reconsider. If I left my regs unused for a portion of the year (not much chance of that happening) I'd rather have them serviced just before I started using them than when I'm finished.

shellbird once bubbled...

What is the going rate for a hydo insp, do you know?.

My LDS here in Boston lists their service as:

Hydro
Includes: VIP, visual plus, and fill (o-rings add $.50 ea.) - $38.00

Can't comment on where this stands in terms of price...

Walter once bubbled...
You might want to reconsider. If I left my regs unused for a portion of the year (not much chance of that happening) I'd rather have them serviced just before I started using them than when I'm finished.

Agreed...I would get it done before the season starts for you. No real reason not to in my mind.

SCUBAPRO regs require annual maintenance for the lifetime warranty. I was going to write that I didn't want the added expense of another maintenance, but I guess I will alter the maint schedule to be every May instead of every October...

Thanks guys,

Matt, hope to see you and Olga soon!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom