Diving Abu Dhabi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well that is service for you, :D

you could even drop me off on the way to Martini and pick me up on the way back lol

.....and here I was, thinking I'd have the perfect excuse to go diving: "oh, but I MUST go with Gordon - he needs a spotter" :wink: See you on the beach & have a nice day :D

Hey well if you are going to be my spotter :)

Will call you on Thursday to confirm

yeah a big problem.....i was in dubai and was asking the peoples about scuba diving in dubai....no body knows any dive club....its very hard to find ...i will try my luck on next trip

yeah a big problem.....i was in dubai and was asking the peoples about scuba diving in dubai....no body knows any dive club....its very hard to find ...i will try my luck on next trip

Who did you ask?

There are BSAC clubs in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah! But they all have an annual membership - as a visitor you would not be able to dive with them unless you know someone in the club - which I don't think you do.

For visitors best beet would be Dubai Diving operators - which is pretty much Al Boom now (being the biggest); in addition to other handful - if Al boom doesn't buy them :)

Even tough you are in Abu Dhabi- you might consider Dubai which is only an hour away and has plenty of wrecks (AOW) or if you like pretty stuff you should consider Fuj / even Oman - both would be roughly 2 hours drive away.

Good Luck

ok thanks i will contact you guys before coming to UAE

---------- Post Merged on August 9th, 2012 at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was on August 8th, 2012 at 05:00 PM ----------

l

For about four months my work took me to Dubai for about 5 days each month. After diving in Dubai (Atlantis) on previous trips I was looking for something better - East Coast. I dove with Al Boom a couple of times. They picked me up at my hotel around 6:00-6:30 am and we took a van from Al Boom's shop in Dubai to Fajaria...about 2½ to 3 hr drive. The shop was nice but nothing special. After 2 dives we drove back to Dubai. I would do this 2-3 days, then take a day of non-diving before I flew out.

On my last 5-day trip to Dubai, instead of Al Boom, I chose Divers Down. For shops being next door to each other, I was very impressed by the much higher quality of Diver's Down and Karin's hospitality. Karin set up a car service to pick me up and return me back to Dubai each day. While it was a few dollars more, the sedan sure did beat a van for comfort.

If I had to do it all over again, I think I might rent a car...but if you have ever driven in UAE, the car service is not so bad. I wish I had more time to dive with Diver's Down...best dive experience I had in the Middle East (Kuwait, Dubai and Fajaria). Diver's Down also sets up dive trips to Oman on Fridays.

If you are traveling a lot, you might look into joining BSAC... I am a member and it was not that much. Then you can look into diving with local clubs.

Good Luck with your dives.

~Michael~

Just relocated to the UAE, living in Abu Dhabi. Still in a hotel on Yas island and dont have a car or even a drivers license yet, but I am ready to go diving. I have a foot in both the recreational and technical diving camps...AN/DP and backmount doubles trained. I've got all my equipment except for tanks and ready to dive wet or dry. What's going this time of year? What's going next weekend?

Welcome techintime.

There is diving off Abu Dhabi, check with Mahara diving, their shop is not too easy to find though, and don't expect a taxi driver in this country to know where anything is.

The better diving is over on the east coast though, check with Divers Down, although a bit of a schlepp from AUH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom