Diving Accessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fins:
What is the most valuable diving accessory you have ever acquired and why??
Argon bottle. Keeps me warm in the cold water.

fins:
What is the least valuable diving accessory you have ever acquired and why?
Argon bottle. Placebo. Doesn't do a thing, but don't tell me 'cause I still think it works.

Most Valuable: A Zodiac

Least Valuable: The "Sub Alert" You will not be able to get anyone's attention if they have a 7mm hood on.

The most valuable dive accessory I have is my wife. She shares my love of the sport and increases the pleasure of every dive I do more than I can say, just by being my dive partner.

Least valuable? Scary to say, but my last dive computer. Why? I've had to send it back to the dealer twice in forty dives because of total failure in the middle of a dive on an extended dive holiday. Still waiting to hear from them since the last return a month ago.

Most Valuble:
My Vyper dive comp...saves me from having to make all those calculations they taught you in classes :)
Least valuable:
The bracelet to my compass...dropped the compass 2 times before i started using duct tape...

Least Valuable: A pair of different second stage keepers that didn't do what they were supposed to and invariably left the hose hanging

Most valuable: My Suunto stinger which allows me greater control over my dives

fins:
Just curious....

What is the most valuable diving accessory you have ever acquired and why?

What is the least valuable diving accessory you have ever acquired and why?

Depends on what you call an accessory. For my normal diving a light is not an accessory, for example. If you define an accessory as something like a "nice to have" that you could probably do without then I don't have any accessories. I only take the things with me that I need.

I do have some things like slates, deco-balloons, reels, etc. etc. but when i do take them I need them. The one I use the least (least valuable?) is a whistle. I take it whenever I dive on a boat but I can navigate fairly well and I've never actually had to use it.

The most valuable thing I have I made myself. It's a spare parts & repair kit that fits in a foot long sized tool box. I've saved dozens of dives by being prepared to deal with common equipment problems.

R..

glbirch:
The most valuable dive accessory I have is my wife. She shares my love of the sport and increases the pleasure of every dive I do more than I can say, just by being my dive partner.

Least valuable? Scary to say, but my last dive computer. Why? I've had to send it back to the dealer twice in forty dives because of total failure in the middle of a dive on an extended dive holiday. Still waiting to hear from them since the last return a month ago.

What kind was it?

The most valuable is something I've only had to use once - a DiveAlert. Surfaced far from the boat in a current, pressed the button 1 time and the boat captain saw me (us) and came to pick us up.

Least valuable - "reef gloves".....don't use them (actually, in most places, you're not supposed to use them).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom