Diving Accident off of Boynton Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisheyeview

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ft. Lauderdale, FL (The Diving Capital of the Worl
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I don't know if anyone else has any more information on this.

I was fishing off of Stuart yesterday morning when I heard the Coast Guard stations from Miami & Jupiter in contact with a boat with a "Diver in distress". I never heard the radio broadcasts from the boat, so all I heard were the Coast Guard broadcasts.

From what I heard from the Coast Guard there were 3 divers as they kept asking if they had recovered the other 2 divers. The Coast Guard repeatedly confirmed that the diver was not breathing.

They then broadcast that there was a 25' MAKO with a blue bimini top with 6 people aboard. One of them was a diver in distress. The boat was coming in the Boynton Inlet, ad for all boats to stay clear. There was an ambulance waiting at the sheriffs sub station, and the Jupiter Coast Guard station dispatched a chopper in case the person needed to be airlifted. The news story this morning is pretty slim.

Palm Beach County: Diver 'critical' after incident -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

She did not make it, she died in the hospital :-(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom