Diving after eating, what to eat between the dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PB&J for me (natural PB and strawberry jelly on whole wheat) and water.

This.

I found, long ago, lunch meat sandwhiches, fruit, etc. don't sit well in my stomach---especially on a boat---but a pb&j sandwhich does just fine. I prepare 3 for a two-dive day.

Whatever you can eat without indigestion or similar problems in the amount of time you have, and that will be different for everyone.

Gala apple and hand full of Jerky!

Everyone is different. I'm always starving after a dive. Liveaboards feed you after every dive (which i love) and will give you a full cooked breakfast between dive one and two:D. My day boat experience is limited to the south pacific region and they usually offer tea, coffee and water with fruit and cake or cookies of some sort. As westOne says, drink plenty of water whatever happens.

I eat a good breakfast, and lunch. On the boat between dives its oranges or whatever they have on the boat. Usually fruit, and cookies, maybe I'll bring a power bar or a granola snack. I do not hydrate more than normal which is to say I go through 32oz water on the boat. I do not eat a lot on the boat.

Liveaboards are the exception, we stuffed ourselves on the liveaboards I have been on.

Like they say it depends on you, I've eating a hearty breakfast went diving, went and had a hearty lunch of whatever and went diving again. On the boat it was what ever snacks they provided.

oh and to add, at least a glass of water after, before and between dives. other than the in between meals and rinks mentioned

Fruit if it's on offer, otherwise some snakes or sweets are good for a quick blood sugar hit. A warm cup of tea if it's on offer. If it's an extended SI i'll just eat a normal lunch.
Or everything in sight if it's a live-aboard.

You are tough!!! I added the underline:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom