Diving ANA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowviz

Solo Diver
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The planets have aligned. Ana is stopping by to clear the basin for solo divers. Tides, time, and weather look exceptional. Brielle Basin (L-Street) dive. Monday night / Tuesday morning. Stats below:

Mon
S winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. Mainly in E swell with a dominant period of 7 seconds in the morning...becoming light. Areas of fog. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Vsby 1 nm or less.
Mon Night
S winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt... Becoming SW 5 to 10 kt late. Seas 4 to 6 ft. ..becoming mainly in SE with a dominant period of 9 seconds after midnight. A chance of showers early in the evening. Areas of fog until early morning. Areas of fog late. Vsby 1 nm or less...increasing to 1 to 3 nm in the late evening and early morning...decreasing to 1 nm or less.
Tue
SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft. Areas of fog in the morning with vsby 1 nm or less.
Tue Night
SW winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming W after midnight. Seas 3 to 5 ft.

Tides for New Bedford starting with May 11, 2015.
Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

M 11 High 1:36 AM 4.9 5:45 AM Rise 1:37 AM 57
11 Low 8:21 AM 0.3 8:01 PM Set 12:45 PM
11 High 2:17 PM 4.6
11 Low 8:49 PM 0.7

Tu 12 High 2:37 AM 4.8 5:44 AM Rise 2:16 AM 45
12 Low 9:26 AM 0.2 8:02 PM Set 1:53 PM
12 High 3:18 PM 4.8
12 Low 9:59 PM 0.5

Today's Manasquan Inlet sea temperature is 54 °F. Toasty!

203256W_sm.gif

The seas will keep the boats in their slips, I don't expect any props in the wee hours of the morning. I'm planning to splash around 2:00 AM Tuesday Morning. Similar minded same ocean solo buddies most welcome. I'll be shaking the bugs out of my new sidemount gear.

Parking: 40 10'46.43"N 74 01'58.75"W

Breakfast anyone?

Let us know how it goes. I am more curious on the viz but the really wee hour is keeping me from venturing out and joining... The water should be warm enough.
I like to dive before midnight so I can make it to work the next day (after driving home and rinsing equipment) - so I guess I am an early night diver - tides are not cooperating for me yet...

-still too much lightning associated with this depression. It may have to wait until tomorrow, but that will push it even later into the night. Maybe we'll meet up on the next early evening tide cycle.

Sounds like a plan... :D

True but my guess is L Street will be a mess... could be wrong but looks iffy... Or am I just trying to talk myself out of this one??? LOL :D Winds are in the right direction but strong...

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON

TONIGHT
W WINDS AROUND 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT...
BECOMING NW WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 3 TO
5 FT. MAINLY IN S SWELL WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 8 SECONDS.

WED
NW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS 2 TO
4 FT. MAINLY IN S SWELL WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 8 SECONDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom