Diving around Rio de Janeiro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are many dive sites near Rio de Janeiro. I would recommend going to Cabo Frio (about 150km from the city of Rio de Janeiro), as it offers, in my opinion, the best overall experience, taking dive sites, restaurants and accommodations into account. There are many dive shops there, and I can recommend to you Litoral Sub as one I've had very nice experiences with in the past.

Alternatively, you could also go to Arraial do Cabo (next to Cabo Frio) or Angra dos Reis (more or less the same distance from Rio, but going the opposit way). Of these two, I prefer Angra, and I can recommend Sotto Mare there.

You can also choose to dive in the city of Rio. There are some dive spots there, the most common of which are the Cagarras islands. I have never dived there, though, so I cannot comment further on how nice to dive they are. I have heard, however, that the boat trip is usually long and the dives are frequently cancelled due to unfavorable sea conditions. There are also some limited opportunities for deeper, technical dives in Rio.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom