Diving at Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy Roxson

Registered
Reaction score
I will be in Grand Cayman the first week in October. I'm staying at the Grand Caymanian Resort on the Northwest side. I'm looking for a good dive operator in that area. I'm also looking for an opertaor with a good 3 day 2-tank per day dive package, who does not crowd the dive boat, and who visits the better advanced dive locations. I will appreciate any recommendations. Also, I would appreciate knowing who not to go with as well........thanks.

Randy Roxson

If you do a search on the board for Grand Cayman scuba operators you will find a wealth of info.
Have a fun trip! Casey

Check out divetech (http://www.divetech.com). We love diving with them. When conditions permit, they tend to dive the North Wall. I'm pretty sure they have discounts or packages for 3 day trips.

sdwho

Randy Roxson:
I will be in Grand Cayman the first week in October. I'm staying at the Grand Caymanian Resort on the Northwest side. I'm looking for a good dive operator in that area. I'm also looking for an opertaor with a good 3 day 2-tank per day dive package, who does not crowd the dive boat, and who visits the better advanced dive locations. I will appreciate any recommendations. Also, I would appreciate knowing who not to go with as well........thanks.

Randy Roxson

I would also recommend Dive Tech. They have the staff, boats, sites, etc. to handle everyone from the newbie to the deep technical diver and everything in between.

I would recommend DiveTech. I plan on diving with them and Neptune Divers at Thanksgiving.

Lots of good options. Weather permitting, I would suggest asking operators if they have diving on the North Wall available.

Ditto on DiveTech... would also recommend if you get a chance go with Ocean Frontiers at the East end of the island. They will pick you up for a 2 tank morning dive. Diving is better in their area. Although the ride to the boat is alot shorter using DiveTech versus the 45 minutes to Ocean Frontiers.

Both are great dive ops, my preference though is the East End when it comes to underwater.

Kev

debersole:
I would also recommend Dive Tech. They have the staff, boats, sites, etc. to handle everyone from the newbie to the deep technical diver and everything in between.
Divetech also has some of the best shore diving on the island and it is free with their boat packages. Need to checkout their underwater scooter adventures. I would also say, diving any place on the Northwall is awesome but there are also great sites Northwest (Orange Canyon, Trinty Caves, Big Tunnels & etc.) that are must do dives.

We used to go with divetech, but we really prefer the smaller operators. You get better individual attention. The resort you're staying at isn't far from the yacht club & thats where indigo divers usually run out of. The most divers they take is 6, which was great, as it was just the 4 of us on the boat.
Sally D

Back
Top Bottom