Diving Curacao 3/17-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jleary24

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My non-diving wife has arranged a trip for the family to Curacao(!). I had hoped to have more time to do some research online, but have run out of time. We arrive this Friday.

We have three young boys (2, 4, and 6). We're staying in Willemstad. I'm hoping to do some snorkeling with the family and I'd like to do as much diving as I possibly can. I'll need to rent a BC, regulator, computer, tank.

Any advice on:

1. Where the best/good family snorkeling spots are?
2. Who I can hook up with to dive?
3. Where some free WiFi spots are?
4. Any advice I'm not thinking of?

Thanks you! I can't tell you how excited I am to spend 10 days in Curacao.

John

Hi John
You can combine snorkeling and diving at a number of places; The Tug Boat, Dive Bus location, Porto Marie, Cas Abou, Lagun and Alice in Wonderland to name just a few. They all have air and rentals. The dive bus will cart you around and dive with you and if you drive to the other locations you can get a guided dive from that shop if you can't hook up with a dive buddy at your hotel or on the plane :). If you email me, I can give you some notes on the west end of the island. Where are you staying, many hotels have wireless internet. Bring sunscreen and a lightweight pair of pants and shoes to wear at night for the mosquitoes. Enjoy the island, Sunshine
curacaosunshine@gmail.com

Any advice on:

1. Where the best/good family snorkeling spots are?
2. Who I can hook up with to dive?
John

As Sunshine said, check with the Dive Bus The Dive Bus - HOME. They do both snorkel and dive trips and probably can combine the two, so you all get to have fun.:14:
Tom

But contact them ASAP they book up fast so contacting them last minute probably wont work out. I missed out because I waited until I arrived on island.

Internet cafes | Bon Bini Curacao
PUBLICip - WiFi Hotspot Directory

Not sure if any of them are "free" though.

I know the Marriott at Piscadera Bay does also, I used it. I'm pretty sure the Hilton next door does too.

Farther west, if you get out to Habitat, they let me use it for free in the lobby. It was supposed to work in the restaurant also but I couldn't get a solid connection.

jleary24, where will you be staying? (hotel, apt, etc)

We're staying in a house somewhere in Willemstad (house swap). I really appreciate all the great advice. I'll definitely contact the Dive Bus tomorrow.

1 + 2 : Definitely get on the Bus, but also check out Silent Immersion and Atlantis.

3: One free WIFI hotspot that I know of is in the downtown area (Punda) at the Plein Cafe. I do think it's a service for paying customers though. However there's plenty of benches around. (hint hint?)

4: I dunno exactly where the house is, but you may need a car to get around.

If you have any questions if you need help, leave me a pm.

Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom