Diving Dead Sea???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why dont you serve local divers?

I did a cursory search but figured it would be easier for you to point me at it......where do they say that they will not allow locals to dive with them?

I called and asked. As you understand local diver is not interested in all these guided tours in Jerusalem etc. of course it supposed to be cheaper than 2400 USD, and they dont want to lower their profit, so... Still, I guess I can pay 2400$, skipp all these tours and come just for the dive, but 2400$ for one dive is somewhat expensive :)

I could imagine the "lost mask" training being very painful.

Is there anything to see down there? I'm intrigued by the idea of diving in the Dead Sea, but I can't imagine there's much to see... since the salinity makes it impossible for any living thing to exist in the lake.
Anyone have pictures?

I'm sorry... did somebody say $2400.00 USD ? That's the price of a dive? Or is that a dive package, including transportation, hotel, all meals, dive instruction, dive gear, gratuities, etc. ?

since the salinity makes it impossible for any living thing to exist in the lake.

That is a myth :)

It is not devout of life.

it is full of life! it has some ancient halobacteria dwelling there, lol :)
Check their site, 2400$ is for guided tours in jerusalem and blah-blah, dining, bed, fullface mask training and the dive itself, overall 5 days, AFAIR.
Check the link on the first page, they also have a facebook page and some photos there, so you can figure out what you can see there. actually dont expect more than a lot of salt crystals and some salt conglomerates on the bottom, I find it fascinating, would dive there if I can...

Is there anything to see down there? I'm intrigued by the idea of diving in the Dead Sea, but I can't imagine there's much to see... since the salinity makes it impossible for any living thing to exist in the lake.
Anyone have pictures?

I'm no expert, but it is probably not life as we know it. Look at those vent worms they found living in total darkness, contrary to the belief that living things need sunlight to convert matter into energy. Also, oxygen our saving grace their death nell. I am sure there is more than we know. & yes the halobacteria are just the foundation for that primordial ooze!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom