Diving Dead Sea???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, let me get this straight.....you get to pay $2,400/ea for the privledge of diving while loaded down with 65kg/143 pounds of equipment? :confused::confused: HOLY CRAP!!! That's nuts. There cannot be anything that cool down there. I'm a big guy, about 6'2" and 250#. Diving in Massachusetts with a 7mm wet suit, I require 30lbs of weight....I can't begin to imagine trying to lug that much.

Kristopher

So, let me get this straight.....you get to pay $2,400/ea for the privledge of diving while loaded down with 65kg/143 pounds of equipment? :confused::confused: HOLY CRAP!!! That's nuts. There cannot be anything that cool down there. I'm a big guy, about 6'2" and 250#. Diving in Massachusetts with a 7mm wet suit, I require 30lbs of weight....I can't begin to imagine trying to lug that much.

Kristopher

I fall squarely on the side of "I would never spend that much money to dive there" but I can definitely say that it would be very cool to do and cool to say that you had done it because very few divers would be able to say the same.

I am currently living in Israel and just made a trip to the Dead Sea last week with my family. I commented to my wife how cool it would be to dive the Dead Sea and she laughed at me. I am not paying what they are asking but it is definately worth looking at since I am already in the area (if they let "locals" dive).

I dived the Dead Sea back when it only had the flu :D

Back
Top Bottom