Diving for Megs, it's not winter any more!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys are bringing back some amazing stuff and fond memories of fossil dives I use to love do on the far southwest coast of Victoria Australia.
And like you say who would not enjoy finding a mutli million year old fossils ?
you can see my best here
Treasures of the Deep - a set on Flickr

Did a few dives today at the same spot I have been going and found a few Megs and this really nice Mammoth tooth. It is very complete and weighs 16 pounds right now. It it is a real treat to find a mammoth tooth since I do not find many in this particular area. I am pretty happy right now looking at this massive tooth. Also check out the cool Meg I found with a bend on one side of the blade (another keeper). It was a good day diving. I will post some better pics of the Mammoth tooth when I clean it up more. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• 121.JPG
    121.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 122.JPG
    122.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 124.JPG
    124.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 125.JPG
    125.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 126.JPG
    126.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 58
Did a few dives in the same spot that I have been working and found these teeth today. The biggest is 5 7/8" and is a near perfect tooth, every serration and the tip is sharp with a flawless root. The water is the perfect temperature and the vis was about one and a half foot today. These teeth were all under the teeth I found last time. I have found a pocket/depression of clay about two feet deep near an area of hard bottom that has filled up with teeth and bone, very hard digging but worthwile. I'll be back soon. Can't wait.

Attachments

• w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 46
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 49
  • w4.JPG
    w4.JPG
    297.2 KB · Views: 45
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back