Diving for Megs, it's not winter any more!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did two dives today and pretty much got all the way to the bottom of the area that I've been working. Here is what I found. Largest Meg is 6.54". The big elephant tooth is from a Gomphotherium (I am pretty sure anyway). If anyone else knows better ID, please let me know. The overall length of this ?Gomp? tooth is 9.5" and 4" wide. I also found two pieces of petrified wood and a bunch of broke meg teeth. All of these teeth from the last week have been from an area the size of a pick up truck bed. I am looking forward to what the summer dives will produce from here. It was a good day on the water.

Attachments

• q2.JPG
    q2.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 53
  • q1.JPG
    q1.JPG
    288.4 KB · Views: 50
  • q5.JPG
    q5.JPG
    277.4 KB · Views: 45
  • q4.JPG
    q4.JPG
    327.2 KB · Views: 45
Dude....are you serious!? All these in less than a month? It'd take me three lifetimes to find half of this stuff. You've obviously put your time in and paid your dues. Congratulations on finding that spot.
Goin to the Edisto in the morning, I'll call it a good day if I find 1 tooth that compares to any you've posted. Never can tell....

Hunts4rocks, I hope you come back with a bag full! Post your pics when you get back, I'd like to see them. Good luck and be persistent and safe. Fossils will follow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom