Diving from Club Med Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USFpsychDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going on a family vacation the end of May to Cancun, staying at the Club Med. Been trying to get info about their dive operation, without success. Their web page says that diving is offered through "Dive center Phoca Mexico", "located 45 mintes from Club Med", but Google searches only bring up the Club Med pages for "Phoca Mexico". The last post here referring to diving from the Club Med was in 2005 and referred to an offsite dive operation that no longer exists. I've contacted Club Med but they have not responded with any local information or contact. Wondered if anyone here has been. I had good luck diving with Club Med Columbus Isle in the Bahamas, but there the dive center was on site. I'm hoping to do both saltwater diving and some cave diving. I'm sure the club med won't offer cave diving (although they do list cenote tours, but that's not what I want). I suspect I'll end up going with Club Med for the saltwater and have to make my cave diving arrangements on my own, but it would be helpful to have some information about their dive operation.

Hi, I could reccommend you our Dive Shop at Playa del Carmen 45 minutes from Cancun. We offer dives to cenotes, Cozumel, and Playa del Carmen reefs. We also offer some interest tours near Cancun such as the sailfish baitball snorkeling tour and the underwater museum also located near Cancun. If interest you can always contact us at: Buceo en Playa del Carmen - Phantom Divers or by email info@phantomdivers.com

Hope we could help

Phantom Divers Team

For the guided cave diving, I'd contact Protec. Not only are they great guys to deal with, but Mom's Hotel is right next door, cheap enough to stay for a night or two if it would simplify your logistics and travel back and forth from Cancun.

Thanks. I finally got in touch with some folks at Club Med. The dive outfit is Phocea Mexico (misspelled on the Club Med site, hence the trouble finding them). They do have a 'tech' wing (Phocea, TDI speleology and DSAT tec scuba diving centre, Playa del Carmen, Mexico) offering cave and trimix training and diving. Can't find any reviews of their cave training or guiding, but then they're a French outfit (not surprising since Club Med is French), so perhaps English sites don't mention them, although I have seen positive reviews of their OW diving. Using them would be much more convenient, since I wouldn't have to arrange logistics. I've been in touch with them and they've said they'd offer guided cave dives for an attractive price. Still like to hear from someone who's used their tech services though.

ClubMed is in Cancun not Playa del Carmen,
For a personalized, private service experience for less than the groups of divers, please click on the website and shoot us an email. We can provide salt water, and fresh water dives (caverns/cenotes and Caves if you are cave certified)
Have a great day!

I will be at club med cancun second week of June and was hoping to get a couple dives in as well. Thanks for posting and let me know what you find out. I will be diving solo...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom