Diving: Hilton Head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marusso

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am currently a USC student living in Columbia who will be moving to HH in a few weeks. My wife and I grew up in the HH area and love to dive. Up to this point, I have never tried to dive off HH, but I hear it is nice.

I was interested in possibly doing some zero vis dives in the May river and in Port Royal sound for fossils and artifacts. I was also considering running off-shore to Eagles nest and the HH reef. I believe the Betsy Ross is too far a run for my boat, any suggestions?

I own a 21' center counsel Sea Pro, so getting to the sites would not be a problem. Does anyone have any advice as to where to go, other than the sights listed by SCDNR?

Thanks

Andrea gave you really great advice. I have a 19 ft boat that we can tag-team with to get to some of these places. (Buddy systems don't just apply under the water; it's best to travel in pairs.)

Don't hesitate to contact us to go diving in the area. R

We will be moving down to the area permantly in a couple of weeks. I would like to start diving in June possibly on the weekends once we get settled in and the boat in proper condition.

The webpage is great too, that is how I found out about this site. Talk to you guys soon.

Thanks,

Mike

Would love to get some diving in. Trying to go out with Palmetto in Beaufort, but boat may not be ready, need more divers, etc. Any other ideas (besides driving all the way to Savannah?)

Dev

I heard that Palmetto may be going out of business. Right now I might suggest finding a buddy and do a shore dive. There are plenty of places to do that. Otherwise you will have to drive for now. :rolleyes: R

They are listed as 5-star IDC in a PADI directory I have, but are they still around? Seems hard to keep going in the area...too many golfers I guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom