Diving in Aruba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

msange1

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, my wife and i will going to Aruba in May. First time for both of us. We are planning to dive at least two days while we are there. Any info on good dive outfits and sites to see would be great. Thanks.
Mike :14:

I am not sure where you will be staying but I would recommend native divers. www.nativedivers.com . They have a tent in front of the Marriot at the fishermans pier on Palm Beach. Romeo and his wife are awesome, small groups and the most entertaining dive trip you will have in Aruba. As far as dive sites there are good wrecks, talk to Romeo about your experience level and what you would like to see he knows it all about diving Aruba.

I didn't care for Aruba myself. I had to go as they huricanne blew out my plans for Cozumel. In saying that, I too found Native Divers to be wonderful. Careful attention to your needs. My sister who just turned 14 did a discover scuba with me/them. They took such good care of her as if she were their daughter. Excellent group.

That's gotta be a little strange having a sister younger than your own kids.

If you're only diving for a few days Redsail sports is great. The diving there isn't the best but the wrecks are fun. We saw lots of frog fish and pork fish. Huge schools of reef fish. Etc.

I did a single dive in Aruba when my cruise ship called on that port In Nov. 2005. I went with Pelican Adventures. It seemed like an OK outfit (considering I'm rather new to diving I wouldn't know a lot). There were 8-10 divers (from the 2 cruise ships in port) & 4 divemasters. It seemed like a good safety ratio. I was teemed up with a gentleman from my ship who was at a similar level and had similar experience (some quarry diving). My buddy & I were probably the least experienced in the group & they kept a close eye on us. The dive sight was a wreck & reef at about 75'. It was very interesting. You might want to chck it out.

Don't miss the Antilla... it's a great dive. Arashi reef is pretty nice. Personally, I also liked the sonesta airplane and Jane Sea dives. Didn't care much for the Pedernales.

I've only used Pelican in the past... and I was neither very impressed or disappointed. Next time, I think I will look into diving with either Native Divers or Unique Sports.

Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom