Diving in Central Kentucky??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Chris, heard about you on different threads,

His reputation does tend to precede him from time to time. :D:dork2:

I have a Mares semi dry up for sale. It is a large. I am 6'2", 180lbs, 33 waist, 40 across the chest.

Ok, that sounds great. Did you like it while you used it? How much for the price, and guess what... Ive heard of you too, lol

And what is recommendations for just KY diving, but I want a "most versatile" suit, would it be a semidry? Reminder, this is mainly just pennyroyal diving...

You might get a bit warm in the shallows at Pennyroyal and such with the semi but it will keep you warm in the colder water. If you get too warm just pop the neck seal and let a little water in. I have used it at FRP many times and cold water temp was never an issue.

Mitch, Wally (crpntr133) is correct. Right now Pennyroyal is about 82 degrees from the surface to about 20ft. You'll likely get warm there. At that point is the 1st thermocline where the temperature abruptly drops 15 degrees you will be comfortable if not still a little on the warm side still. At about 40ft it drops another 15 degrees. Then at 60ft it reaches it's coldest point of 42 degrees. There you will be comfortable to getting cool & then cold after a little while. Heck, I get cold in my drysuit (especially when it leaks-..... we know all about that, don't we Wally?):D:rofl3:. It stays at the that temperature year around. Never changes. But the vis is fantastic.

Ok, thanks, sounds great, as a beginner I dont think I will go that deep, but I think I will still stick with a semidry

So who is up for a dive at FRP? This weekend I am busy but the next two I am open.

I'll be out for a while:depressed:. Next weekend I am doing Open Water check- outs. The next 2 weekends, I'm working. weekend after that I amteaching classroom/ pool:tired:. & the next 2 weekends I'll hopefully be finishing up my cave course in FL! :dancingsnoopy:

Ok, ill be super careful of overheat, maybe do the semidry tips like popping the seal and stuff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom