diving in china

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassie_Rohan:
Hi Louie - sinoscuba is the only diving operator in beijing that I know of. He is on this board and has a website here.

Email him for what dive trips (both local and abroad) are currently planned.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Thanks for the link Tassie. Looking forward to diving under the Middle Kingdom next year - anywhere between Hainan and Tianjin will suit me fine. I'll even jump in a river if I have to.

Cheers.

P.S. One of the most competent divers I've ever met was a Hong Kong lady diver. She could have lugged two of me and three times my gear over her shoulder down the cliff at Kurnell, but she was as soft as a butterfly underwater and had about the same air consumption. HK is part of China now isn't it?

japan-diver:
There are daily flights from Shanghai to Okinawa and also twice a week I beleive via Hong Kong to Okinawa. They are also supposed to be adding a Beijing to Okinawa direct flight soon.

That would be great -- any idea how long a flight that would be? If a direct flight does open up, I'll drop you a PM for some recommendations, if that's all right.

Dont forget about Taiwan....its only hop skip and jump over from China. South Taiwan has some great diving from the shore (Kenting). You cant beat doing 4 shore dives, all in different locations each for the price of a tank. Then the next day you can do 4 more different dives. Also there are 2 islands off the coast (Green and Orchid) that offer outstanding diving. Im diving every weekend there so if anybody needs additional info please let me know.

Shell Back,
Are you a RB diver? Is so, can you get oxygen, nitrox, kitty litter etc? i would be tempted to take a long weekend across there from BJ if so (only on SCR, but need ot build up time)
Cheers
Dave

localdivah:
That would be great -- any idea how long a flight that would be? If a direct flight does open up, I'll drop you a PM for some recommendations, if that's all right.
Shanghai to Okinawa is very short less than 2 hours. Have done the flight a few times its not bad. Be glad to have you over here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom