Diving in Holland?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans:
You don't need a drysuit in April anymore.

No, El Orans, *YOU* don't need a drysuit in April any more but you should have mentioned that your mother was a penguin... :D

(just on a side note, temps in April get up to about 12C/53-53F).

R..

Diver0001:
No, El Orans, *YOU* don't need a drysuit in April any more but you should have mentioned that your mother was a penguin... :D
Hence my Linux skills... :rofl3:

Any shore diving at all near Amsterdam? Im broke, so no boat diving for me, but if there's any shore diving...I'm trying to decide if I should lug my dive gear across the Atlantic or not. I'll be there in June.

Also, we will be flying around europe...what are the baggage guidelines like? Will I be allowed 2 50lb bags, or just one? I've heard we are only alowed one while flying in Europe, in which case I may leave my dive gear at home...anyone know?

creamofwheat:
Any shore diving at all near Amsterdam? Im broke, so no boat diving for me, but if there's any shore diving...I'm trying to decide if I should lug my dive gear across the Atlantic or not. I'll be there in June.
There's plenty of shore diving depending on your definition of near...

creamofwheat:
Also, we will be flying around europe...what are the baggage guidelines like? Will I be allowed 2 50lb bags, or just one? I've heard we are only alowed one while flying in Europe, in which case I may leave my dive gear at home...anyone know?
Check with your airline.

creamofwheat:
Any shore diving at all near Amsterdam?

Try PiMia diving. They're 15 miles from Amsterdam, in Vinkeveen, which has Holland's deepest freshwater lake, which due its depth and its sandy bottom has pretty good visibility.

CharGen:
Try PiMia diving. They're 15 miles from Amsterdam, in Vinkeveen, which has Holland's deepest freshwater lake, which due its depth and its sandy bottom has pretty good visibility.

I beg to differ. Not about Pim. Pim's a good guy. But about sending foreigners who are only in the country for a short time to Vinkeveen. Vinkeveen is a good training/practice location but it's mind-dumbingly boring.

I'll tell you what, creamofwheat. When you get over here give me a call and I'll take you diving. Bill Owen is a close friend and I know you've been diving with him a couple of times. He'll vouch for me.

R..

Thanks guys. I knew there had to be SOME diving over there. :D

Sure Diver0001, it would be fun to dive with you. I did dive with Bill, long time ago though. :D I will be in Amsterdam for a week in mid June. I may only be able to spare one day for diving though...have to check out the Heineken brewery and Anne Frank's House and the van Gogh Museum and go to Den Hague and...I'm excited!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom