Diving in Kentucky

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sorry.:(

Welcome to the KPP anyway! Maybe if you've done some cave diving in Florida you've already got a drysuit. :wink:

We will most likely land in Dry Ridge. No dry suit.. no need .....|yet. mostly I've been diving deep wrecks down here. |||Even at 180 ft water temp is at least 70. at |40 fathom at 210ft the termp was only 64.:eyebrow: and that's in winter

|Thanks guys, any and all imformation will be helpful. Looks like relocation will be in about 6months. We've up here now (Dry Ridge) looking at property. Anybody got about 20 acres the a house just sitting around doing nothing??:D

Yeah Guys keep the imfo coming if so inclined. It is greatly appreciated.

Who would know but another diver!!

Dry Ridge? Heck that means you're only about 3 hours from Gilboa Quarry in Ohio as well. Add roughly another hour and you can get to White Star or Portage.

There are options living in that area :D
Ber :lilbunny:

We will most likely land in Dry Ridge. No dry suit.. no need .....|yet. mostly I've been diving deep wrecks down here. |||Even at 180 ft water temp is at least 70. at |40 fathom at 210ft the termp was only 64.:eyebrow: and that's in winter

|Thanks guys, any and all imformation will be helpful. Looks like relocation will be in about 6months. We've up here now (Dry Ridge) looking at property. Anybody got about 20 acres the a house just sitting around doing nothing??:D

Yeah Guys keep the imfo coming if so inclined. It is greatly appreciated.

Who would know but another diver!!

Given your background you've got to give the Great Lakes wrecks a try. You just can't imagine the pristine state of the deep wrecks in the Great Lakes. Not alot of life on them, but if the thought of seeing a wooden wreck that's been down for 100-200 years that's still in tact excites you, the GLs are for you. Now you'll absolutely need a drysuit and strong light for the deep wrecks, but they are very much worth it.

Dry Ridge is only a little over an hour from Falling Rock Park. If you want to hang out with some relaxed, "crazy" divers, give me a shout. What was I thinking, :confused: what is stranger than a diving instructor/moderator wearing bunny ears??? :D

You can adjust to the diving conditions, can you adjust to the divers???:rofl3:

Dry Ridge is only a little over an hour from Falling Rock Park. If you want to hang out with some relaxed, "crazy" divers, give me a shout. What was I thinking, :confused: what is stranger than a diving instructor/moderator wearing bunny ears??? :D

You can adjust to the diving conditions, can you adjust to the divers???:rofl3:

I'm all about fexability:rofl3: Finally got a chance to scout out a dive shop "|Scuba Shack" in |Florence |I met with ||Angel who was very pleasant and imformative and exchanged data. But if I get a chance while here, Land locked, |I'll be sure to get a hold of you. |Quarry diving Mmmmmm???

Many thanks to all who give imformation. We're back done in florida getting ready for Fay. (You guys don't have hurricane right:confused:) So far we've stocked up on food water Batteries and dry goods. Keys are readying themselves right now. We have an Eye on Her and any path she might decide to take. Now all we have to do is sit and wait!!:popcorn::coffee:

Depending on conditions tonight we may leave the horses out. This minute it looks like only wind and rain.......Yeah......ONLY. Hope to "talk" with you all again may even dive with some of you soon.

No hurricanes just tornadoes! Buckle down and good luck with Fay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom