Diving in Lalati, Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h2o2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everybody!
I just signed up the forum, which I found seeking infos about Lalati.
As a new threader, I just write something to introduce myself:
I'm form Italy, I'm a Padi rescue diver with approx. 300 dives in Red Sea (Sharm and Marsa), Martinique, Roatan, Maldives, Philippines (Coco Beach), Malaysia (Manado) and in Mediterranean Sea. If everybody just need infos about one of this destinations, just ask and I'll be glad to answer (if I can).
My question: me and my wife are planning a trip to Fiji in June-July (our wedding trip, 8 days), and the travel agency proposed Lalati and Castaway. I was wondering if anybody has some recent infos about the diving center in Lalati Resort.. I already read a lot about the dives in Beqa Lagoon, I just need to understand if the diving center and the staff in Lalati are at the same level as the great dives.
Thanks in advance!

If you are going on your honeymoon then I would go to Lalati and book one of the honeymoon suites. The people who used to run the dive operation now run the whole resort and they are GREAT! Also.. they have a great suluki( not sure of spelling) named Dogg who was fun to watch and pet at the resort. Do the shark dive as it is AWESOME! We saw a tiger shark on ours! The dive center was fine and the dive operation was run really well! They have a great spa there so your wife can get some nice spa treatments! Enjoy yourself! I have not been to Bequ Lagoon resort so I can not speak for that one!

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are heading this year to Lalati Fiji in July 28 for 8 nights. We are going all the way from Miami so it took me hours of research to come to a conclusion. Lalati Resort is very different from Bega Lagoon Resort, which is supposed to be good as well, but what I loved about Lalati is its seclusion, and you are not with 30 other couples. We are going for our wedding anniversary so we want it to make it special. I am pretty sure it would be very hard to go wrong with any stay in Fiji.

Jake can you explain me a little bit more about Lalati's dive shop? For exaample we have stayed in ANthony's Key Resort in Roatan, and their dive shop is amazing. They have have lockers, and we never had to drag our equipment into the boat. Also when you went there was there something you had to really do and not miss? For example we are doing the private picnic in storm island which is supposed to be amazing, the kava ceremony, the hike to the top of the mountain etc. ANy feedback would be more than appreciated :wink:

The first day you take your stuff down to the shop and then they assign you a spot where you keep all of your stuff. Your BC is set up and they will do this every day thereafter. Each day you just head over and grab your wet suit etc. and head to the boat down a long pier. Fairly easy! BE SURE TO DO THE SHARK DIVE as it was super cool!!! Some of our group did the fire walker excursion at Bequa Lagoon resort and liked that. Most of us visited the spa many times! We also did the local village tour. It is very quiet and relaxing and you will like the managers! Great people! Very laid back and very competent! Have a great time!
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are heading this year to Lalati Fiji in July 28 for 8 nights. We are going all the way from Miami so it took me hours of research to come to a conclusion. Lalati Resort is very different from Bega Lagoon Resort, which is supposed to be good as well, but what I loved about Lalati is its seclusion, and you are not with 30 other couples. We are going for our wedding anniversary so we want it to make it special. I am pretty sure it would be very hard to go wrong with any stay in Fiji.

Jake can you explain me a little bit more about Lalati's dive shop? For exaample we have stayed in ANthony's Key Resort in Roatan, and their dive shop is amazing. They have have lockers, and we never had to drag our equipment into the boat. Also when you went there was there something you had to really do and not miss? For example we are doing the private picnic in storm island which is supposed to be amazing, the kava ceremony, the hike to the top of the mountain etc. ANy feedback would be more than appreciated :wink:

If you are going on your honeymoon then I would go to Lalati and book one of the honeymoon suites. The people who used to run the dive operation now run the whole resort and they are GREAT! Also.. they have a great suluki( not sure of spelling) named Dogg who was fun to watch and pet at the resort. Do the shark dive as it is AWESOME! We saw a tiger shark on ours! The dive center was fine and the dive operation was run really well! They have a great spa there so your wife can get some nice spa treatments! Enjoy yourself! I have not been to Bequ Lagoon resort so I can not speak for that one!

Many thanks for your feedback, really appreciated.

The first day you take your stuff down to the shop and then they assign you a spot where you keep all of your stuff. Your BC is set up and they will do this every day thereafter. Each day you just head over and grab your wet suit etc. and head to the boat down a long pier. Fairly easy! BE SURE TO DO THE SHARK DIVE as it was super cool!!! Some of our group did the fire walker excursion at Bequa Lagoon resort and liked that. Most of us visited the spa many times! We also did the local village tour. It is very quiet and relaxing and you will like the managers! Great people! Very laid back and very competent! Have a great time!

Hi Jake,

Thank you very much for your feedback. You dont understand I have been trying to convince him to do the dive shark, but we have seen so many attacks by tiger sharks that I am having a hard time to convince him. Well once again thank yoi and I will write a report when we come back.

Oh no! Don't miss those dives!!!!!!!! Total highlight of the trip for everyone!!!!!!! The guys that run it are super safe!!!!!! It is a "must do" dive when you are there!!!

Hi Jake,

Thank you very much for your feedback. You dont understand I have been trying to convince him to do the dive shark, but we have seen so many attacks by tiger sharks that I am having a hard time to convince him. Well once again thank yoi and I will write a report when we come back.

lalati is great.. dogg is awesome and his owners (the dive masters) are terrific people.

even the house reef is a decent dive.

Say hi to Maki, he is one of those people you only meet once in a lifetime. Mary is also a jewel to be around.

I agree with all of this 100% including the house reef dive. We did one every day we were there!
lalati is great.. dogg is awesome and his owners (the dive masters) are terrific people.

Say hi to Maki, he is one of those people you only meet once in a lifetime. Mary is also a jewel to be around.

I agree with all of this 100% including the house reef dive. We did one every day we were there!

Thank you guys!
Good news that house reef is decent, I often like to take the day's last dive on house reef!
I will remember to say hi to Maki and Mary for you, njcfm.
Last question: any suggestion about the wet suit in july? Consider that usually I use a 3mm only with water temp above 27 c°.. just wondering if it was better to take the 5mm from home, or a 3mm, or nothing and rent it at the dive shop..
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom