Diving in LIBYA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murat

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone went diving in LIBYA. If anyone has been there please let me know of the dive sites and dive operators (if there are any) :) I will be traveling to LIBYA/tripoli for business and I would like to go diving while I am down there.

:wink:

The only diivng in Libya I heard about is proffesional diving (I know one diver that has been there) i.e. pipes, drilling etc.

When I was there (nine years ago) nothing like that did exist.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

No !

There is recreational diving in Libya, and it is fun, I have been diving in tripoli for over 3 months now on weekends, since i work in libya. It is fun if anyone want to have more information about diving in libya please contact me while in libya on 091 320 0615 and i will try to get you arround

I dive with Arebi Dive Centre, with 2 PADI Intructors, 1 US Tranined and other from Malta, and it is fun so join in if you want to

Cheers

Be careful when you go get gas for your tanks - you might get 93-octane instead of compressed air by mistake. The good news is that it's only $.08 per gallon.

Hi Faaz,
Do you have any links to dive company web sites in Libya? I'll be there next week for a couple of weeks tour, but if I can dive after that it would be great. Have also heard about the possibility of diving around submerged Roman ruins - any info about doing this? and finally, whats the water temp like in March?
all the best,
David

I am waiting for diving season in libya to start again as it is preety much , on demand diving i will have to check with my instructor on what are the plans, i will keep you updated ,,

No !

There is recreational diving in Libya, and it is fun, I have been diving in tripoli for over 3 months now on weekends, since i work in libya. It is fun if anyone want to have more information about diving in libya please contact me while in libya on 091 320 0615 and i will try to get you arround

I dive with Arebi Dive Centre, with 2 PADI Intructors, 1 US Tranined and other from Malta, and it is fun so join in if you want to

Cheers
Hello Faaz:

I hope this message finds you. I am Canadian and I am going to Tripoli for a temporary duty assignment there for 6 weeks beginning November 2007 until late December. I am an advanced O/W diver and I would like to know if there are any sites or contacts I may get in touch with for diving near Tripoli..........

Can you help please.

Thank you.

Cheers, Nick.

Hi There,
Is anyone doing any diving in Libya or Qatar in September, would love to hook up with someone who is.

Cheers

Patrick

Back
Top Bottom