Diving in Revere?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, so it looks like I am moving to Revere in June...before you all say "Oh No, 1234, what are you thinking that place is gh3tt0fabulous!" this is the nice part of revere near beachmont right near the water(3 minute walk to small beach which is NOT revere beach).
Does anyone know the diving regs in Revere? Would anyone be interested in trying this particular beach out with me? I have no idea what the diving might be off this beach, but it could at least make an interesting training area with an easy place to park(my house)?

revere, MA - Google Maps this is the beach...my house is within sight on this map

Based on the picture here: http://historicalcharts.noaa.gov/coastal_map/2086_cm.jpg (zoom in and look at the top left corner) it seems very shallow, but winthrop beach might be more reasonable?

Anyone interested in trying it out?

I used to live in Winthrop... have been by that beach a bunch of times when I was there - dove it a few times - not much there and pretty shallow, but as you say, a good training site perhaps. Another interesting possibility is at the breakwaters in Winthrop - I dove there a number of times - quite shallow - 15-20 feet on the ocean side (sometimes you could walk to the landward side!) but the interesting part is on the ocean side there were quite a number of lobster in the rock crevices - I guess because there was noplace else for them to hide!! Just make sure it is a calm day or you get beat into the rocks (and can't see anything anyway...)

a good training site has 10ft of depth...so i'm basically looking for soemthing like that...if it was LOCAL to my house...boy wouldn't that be sweet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom