Diving in Thüringen (Germany)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haiko

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Within 3 weeks I'm visiting a Oldtimer-meeting in the (former East) German City of Eisenach. Reason?
Let's say that my car wants to see the place it was born in :dork2:
Will stay in the area for about one week. I looked up some diveops in the region and send them some email about diving there.

Are there any (German perhaps?) divers here at SB who can tell me about diving in Thüringen?
Any help is welcome and it would give me the opp. to show my girlfriend how its done and get her into diving too:D

So if you're out there between 31-7 and 5-8 and need a buddy (like I do), let me know. I do have my own gear, except Tank. Can't wait to jump in the (supp. cold?) water!

Cheers,
Haiko

When you find diving in Thuringen, then please tell me.

On my last trip to Germany, I was going to dive near Düsseldorf. However, my schedule changed and I was not able to dive. See this site for forms that I believe is required by dive shops in Germany -- Startseite. I had also emailed several dive shops, they were the only ones who actually responded.

{My Frau & I were last in Eisenach in November. The city is much changed from my first visit in 1992. My ancestors were from near Eisenberg in Thuringia as well as other Germany places}

Hi,

I've not been there myself yet, but Erfurt is quite close, maybe 30min by car. I found the following sites:

Startseite - Erfurt Tauchschule Yellow Submarine
Herzlich Willkommen bei aqua-FUN dem Wassersportcenter in Erfurt

A bit farther north:
Oasis Tauchsport Göttingen - Theaterstr. 9 - 0551 53 111 88 - info@oasis-tauchsport.de
Tauchsportzentrum Nordhausen in Thüringen

Unfortunately I couldn't find the "switch-to-English-button", so I hope you're at least fluent enough to know that "Kontakt" means "contact" :confused4:

Most of the dive shops have some lake dives scheduled on the weekends, easy to ask.

Have fun!

I have emailed the shop in Erfurt and hoping for a reply. German language is no problem for me, although I don't know all the German-Dive-slang, but it might be a good lesson!
Thanks for the tips!

During OWD i made my first "open water" dives at Stausee Hohenwarte

You may have a look at hohenwartestausee.de

Would be nice to hear about this dive spot, because since my OWD the staff changed for the base in Alterbucht...

I have put some Diveshops into my Navigation device and will see them next week. I'll bring my mask, camera and computer (and right now the battery icon is on :shakehead:). Hopefully it will last some dives...

Seems that the watertemperature is about 14-18C, so I'll will try to rent a 7mm.

Hopefully I can do some dives, and will report here when I did :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom