diving in venice italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh, i would discourage that very, very strongly ....

those canals are full of nasty stuff ... it'd be like diving in close to raw sewage

I'm italian, visit Venice and have fun but forget about diving !!!

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Venice is an amazing place, isn't it?

H2Andy:
Venice is an amazing place, isn't it?

If you haven't been there before it is truly an amazing place...

For me it is only a tourist's trap and I prefer to visit places where you don't need a cheque book to buy a coffe !!!

Ok, I am rather lucky, I live in Tuscany (Livorno - Leghorn) and I can reach places as Pisa, Florence or Siena in less than an hour...

Ciao Erik Il Rosso

Umm... I assume you mean you would want to dive OUTSIDE the lagoon area in the open Adriatic Sea??

Having been to Venice twice - I would NEVER consider diving inside the lagoon as the water is really really not a healthy looking green color since in essence there isn't much water flow and those canals are used like streets...

Besides what money would you have left for diving after spending a day in Venice with their tourist pricing and overpriced and underquality restaurants? An hour long gondola ride is going to set you back about 100 euros (that was the going rate 2 years ago on my last visit).

But I've heard the diving is good further south.... Like Amalfi, Capri, or even Sicily.

Erik Il Rosso:
For me it is only a tourist's trap and I prefer to visit places where you don't need a cheque book to buy a coffe !!!

you just have to know how to play their game, is all

they built a tourist trap, but i tour a city thirteen centuries old underneath all that

:wink:

just cause they put on their play doesn't mean you have to watch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom