diving in venice italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is, if you want to live without any skin conditions.

Those canals are filthy and stink. Would you dive in a sewer?

But, I reckon there are plenty of nice locations outside Venice.

Venice is only nice to see, tour the beautiful city and that's about it. But, since it's overwhelmed with tourists for most of the time, I'd avoid sticking around for too long.

I was there in July, 1994...hot, humid, no breeze. It was a nice place to visit, but man, I had to down a quart of beer to keep from dehydrating! Loved St. Marcos...

Mike

pink:
H2Andy,
sorry for my bad english.
At 50 km from Venice there are sites for diving very nice and many wrecks:
www.tegnue.it

perfect english!

ok, i'll definetely look into that, thank you

Anyone ever dove in venice italy?? I'm thinking of making a trip there and wanted to know how it is.

Hi.

If you're thinking about dives in the canals, ... better you forget it:
1. It's not legal
2. It's useless (nothing to see)
3. It's unsafe

When you are in Venice you can dive in the north adriatic sea: the area close to Venice is rich of wrecks, and even though the fondal is flat and sandy, there are very peculiar places, the so called "Tegnue", full of life, and very interesting. You can find info on this web site.

Ciao.
A.

I live very near to Venice, and I am sure that it is forbidden to get into the canals, however more to the point you REALLY wouldn't want to! Cold and filthy water that is full of all sorts of nasties!! Yuk!!! You can however dive off jesolo and further down the lido is caorle and eraclea. To be very honest with you, there isn't a lot to shout about, I have only done a couple of dives off jesolo but each time there has been very bad vis and very little sealife, saying that I know people who go frequently and come back happy..! I haven't done much diving in the rest of italy as we tend to go further away, but I did do a weekend liveaboard in Capraia and that was wonderful, the boat wasn't great the dives were lovely. Great vis, comfortable temp and lots to see- So I would have to say by all means try the diving in Italy but go further south!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom