Diving is Not a Sport???!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who really cares?

Sorry, but it really doesn't matter if one person thinks diving is a sport and another doesn't. I just like to dive.

Diver Dennis:
Who cares how you categorize it?

DennisW:
Who really cares?

Sorry, but it really doesn't matter if one person thinks diving is a sport and another doesn't. I just like to dive.

Evidently you two care enough to take the time to post to this thread, eh? Even if the point you wish to make is that you don't care. If I voiced my displeasure with every thread I thought was silly or meaningless here on SB I would be the post king, not H2Andy. So c'mon fellas, be a sport. We're doing good work here, solving problems, making the world a better place.

I believe it was Ernest Hemingway who said:
"There are only three sports: race car driving, bull fighting, and mountain climbing. The rest are merely games."

I don't think SCUBA is a game either.

Rainer:
Um, you're at post 70, so clearly there isn't one answer. Even your OED gives SIX answers...

Yeah, well.... I know it's hard for some to comprehend these things.

LandLockedDiveGuy:
I believe it was Ernest Hemingway who said:
"There are only three sports: race car driving, bull fighting, and mountain climbing. The rest are merely games."

I don't think SCUBA is a game either.
You do know Hemingway was drunk and high when he wrote that?

Being a model is very competitive so ya mabe. I have seen a few strippers who were very athletic LOL & they were competing very hard for Miss nude Calgary. I would also call that a sport. IMHO.

CoolTech:
You do know Hemingway was drunk and high when he wrote that?
As a matter of fact, I think he was driving drunk, trying to run down a bull, on a mountain...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom