Diving Lake Pleasant 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I totally lost track of time with the holiday and didn't call to see if there was room for a newbie on the boat in time. I was debating since I couldn't find any buddies willing to dive this time of year and my LDS is closed until monday for tanks. I did try to call today but it was after work at 5:20 so i was too late. Have fun and give a report on how it went. I have never done dives from a boat at the lake.

I'm really upset because I didn't make the boat today. I was getting off of I-17 and about to turn into Carefree highway, only 10 miles from the lake, and my car broke down. Both the gas pedal and the break pedal went out and I had to be towed back home. I'm really disappointed! Alas, I hope you guys had a great dive though.

Hi Kimusubi,

Im sorry to hear that you couldnt make it! We will be going out again Sunday if you can make it providing your gas pedal works!

Sorry you both missed today. Hopefully you can go out tomorrow. The Scubateers are doing the special tomorrow on Jan 4th. We just about had a full boat today.

It was a GREAT day to dive today. (of-course any day is a good day to dive). We all had a great time. Some of us were wearing 7mm suits and hoods of-course and a few were wearing dry suits. The water temp at surface was about 57 degrees and at just about every depth it was about 55 degrees. There were quite a few of us on the boat so we went down in different groups.

Our first stop was the old Waddell Dam. (I think that was the name of it) That was really an impressive structure. The top of the dam is at 64' and we dove down to 103' where we could see the lake bottom but we had swam a little ways from where the boat was anchored.

The next stop was Tech Island and that also was very impressive. Large overhangs and sheer cliff walls. It did get a little dark down at 98' on that dive but we were in the shadow of a cliff wall. Saw a large bass on that dive.

The last stop we made was at Scubateers Island. That was actually the funnest dive since there was a large rock formation that we could actually swim through. Saw a large catfish on that dive. Only dove to 66' on that one. Visibility was about 20' give or take on all three dives at all three locations. The dam probably had the best visibility though.

All together it was a really fun way to start off the year and a great set of dives. The Scubateers were great and very friendly and helpful. If anyone is ever thinking about going on a charter dive boat in California or anywhere else, (like I plan to someday) then this is the perfect way to get some experience being on a dive boat. I really enjoyed my day on the lake with the Scubateers and the great company and conversation on the boat. I learned alot as I usually do on every dive. I just wanted to say thanks to the Scubateers for their expertise and assistance. They were really great!

Well never made it the next day since it decided to lightening that morning and trip was cx :( However I did go diving friday the 9th from the shore and the vis was the best i have seen and the temp was 52. I was very comfortable in my 7ml and hood. I can't wait to go again this weekend to help with the trees and the 24th on the scubateers.

Anyone diving the lake this weekend? Or diving anywhere for that matter? I just got a replacement car, and I'm dying to get in the water.

Anyone diving the lake this weekend? Or diving anywhere for that matter? I just got a replacement car, and I'm dying to get in the water.

A bunch of us will be at Beismeyer Point on Saturday morning at 9:00. Look for the Christmas trees.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom