Diving Lake Pleasant 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm joining Bill and Josh1 at Vista Point on Saturday morning. We don't have a time set yet. Anyone who wants to can come out and join us (If you can't make the Scubateer's boat dive, that is).
Does anybody know what the boat traffic is like at Spring Canyon Landing? That's the low lying area between the drydocks and that 3 lane boat ramp; east of Vista Point. My first lake dives (after certification) were in that area. The shore entery is very easy.

Steve.

Boat traffic in that spot was crazy busy last weekend. I am sure as it is warmer out the boaters creep out too. We were going to dive there but ended up hiking it down from the picnic table area at vista point. I have gone to spring canyon on a friday morning and it was empty.

You can say that again. Im in excruciating pain and can barely walk. :depressed:

My legs were definately feeling it too but it was worth it. That is my kind of work out.

As for the question about scubateers they are leaving the 10 lane at 9 am. There is a post of the cardinals dive sat for 17.50 for 2 dives if you bring your tanks. check their website too for info.

Boat traffic in that spot was crazy busy last weekend. I am sure as it is warmer out the boaters creep out too. We were going to dive there but ended up hiking it down from the picnic table area at vista point. I have gone to spring canyon on a friday morning and it was empty.

Looking at my log book; last year on March 2nd the boat traffic literally chased us away from spring canyon. I had to ask a couple of boaters to wait a few minutes so I could swim out to get my dive flag. After they stopped laughing they basically told me to f-off. I ended up following the bottom contour to my anchor and hugged the bottom all the way back.

Here's the kicker. When I surfaced the guy that just told me to f-off was now asking me very nicely if I would install a plug he had forgotten in his rush to get his boat into the water. Without the plug the boat would sink.

I have to admit some evil thoughts flashed through my mind..but I installed the plug anyway.

Steve.

Here's the kicker. When I surfaced the guy that just told me to f-off was now asking me very nicely if I would install a plug he had forgotten in his rush to get his boat into the water. Without the plug the boat would sink.

I have to admit some evil thoughts flashed through my mind..but I installed the plug anyway.

Steve.

I am sure I would of had those same thoughts! Just goes to show your a better person than that guy was.

There is an area south of the picnic tables where you can back a truck down a short road closer to the water but you may need 4 wheel drive to do it. I wasn't comfortable attempting it since i don't have 4 wheel drive and backing up that close on an incline is a recipe for trouble for me. I still say vista point with the large no wake area and great vis right now is worth the extra hike.

The Scubateers boat still has some openings for Saturday the 31st if anyone would like to try the 1702 wall. You really cant beat the price. $17.00 (BYOT) for a 2 tank dive. Let us know if you want to jump on!

Anyone diving Pleasant on Sunday 2/1? I can't dive Saturday but would not mind getting in a couple of tanks from Vista Point Sunday morning in time to get back for the big game.

michael

We're doing the Scubateer's dive this Saturday. maybe we'll make VP next Saturday....so many dive sites, so little time.

Steve.

I am sure I would of had those same thoughts! Just goes to show your a better person than that guy was.

There is an area south of the picnic tables where you can back a truck down a short road closer to the water but you may need 4 wheel drive to do it. I wasn't comfortable attempting it since i don't have 4 wheel drive and backing up that close on an incline is a recipe for trouble for me. I still say vista point with the large no wake area and great vis right now is worth the extra hike.

I've seen the marina tractor pull more than a few vans and trucks out of there. Better to hike down and drive home. See ya at the lake sometime.

Steve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom