Diving Lake Pleasant 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were trying to stay well beyond 100' of your marker. And I couldn't find the 'good' binoculars, so I could barely see everyone. I knew it was atleast Bill cuz he didn't have his hood on, and his height. I will never not say 'hi' again.

We're just teasing about not saying hi. Glad to see that other divers were out on Saturday enjoying the great weather. We were wondering why there weren't more divers out. There was a group of 4 other divers with drysuits next to us at Vista Point that morning but they did their 2 dives and left. We stayed and did 3 dives and BBQ'd some hotdogs. It was a great day to dive and great to see you come over and say "hi" to us, even though you didn't say hi to Steve and I. :wink:

Wow! I actually have a weekend free for a change (may be the only one for the next few months). Anyway, I was hoping to find a dive buddy and get in a few dives either Saturday or Sunday. Would prefer to dive Vista Point but am open to anyplace decent. Please let me know if interested.

mg

I would like to report an awesome day of diving with the Scubateers on Lake Pleasant February 28, 2009.

We dove at three different locations: Cardinals Island, Scubateer Island, and Pirates Reef. The water temperature varied from 55-57 and the visibility was at least 25 feet or better.

The three dive locations serve divers of all abilities. At Cardinals I dropped into 20 feet, at Scubateer 27 feet, and at Pirates Reef 25 feet. Deep water is readily available for the experts (+100) and all locations were easy for navigation and to stay shallow (av 65 feet). Both Scubateer and Pirates Reef are easily circumnavigated and spokes can be run in all directions. All the locations had interesting formations and lots of stuff to see. My favorite spot of the day was Scubateer Island because of the cool formations and gullies.

The Scubateers (Karen, Rob, and Amanda) offered excellent service and a great dive platform. There are two ways to enter the water off the boat that minimizes the usual crush of the typical boat exit. During the dive preparation I found it easy to don my gear and get into the water-someone was always there with a helping hand. Rob is an excellent DM: One diver, who joined us for the afternoon had some buoyancy issues and Rob took him under his wing and guided the diver individually. Likewise, Karen and Amanda were always there to help you with your fins and BC and snacks or water or whatever.

The Scubateers offer a great dive service and IÃÍl definitely be returning for more diving with them. My thanks go out to Rob, Karen, and Amanda for an amazing day of diving at Lake Pleasant.

We would like to say Thank You, for the kind words...
It was our pleasure to have you out diving..
We hope to see you soon, until then Happy and Safe Diving.. :)

Hey Pete chk out the website, we have you on video..take care.

Rob and The Scubateers

I'm meeting Bill (PhxSki) and (maybe) Josh (AzDiver23) at VP on Saturday morning at 8:00am. The temp is starting to come up so the great vis won't last forever.

Steve.

Anyone up for weekday dives?

I just started a new schedule at work and will have Mondays off. The first Monday I will have to start diving is 4/13. Haven't dove since the fall, so excited to get back in the water....

Steve, Josh, Mike (ScubaSteve2000, josh1 and rudebob, respectfully) and I will be diving Vista Point on Saturday morning (04/04/09) at 8:00 a.m. Anyone else interested in joining us is more than welcome.

Regards, Bill

Back
Top Bottom