Diving my brains out on a 3 day weekend!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIOceanographer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had a great weekend of diving and to top it off my wife also finished her open water class on Saturday! I'm so proud of her! :D

Friday after work I went out for the first time this season on my buddy Earl's boat along with my good buddies Brian and Matt and my wife Becky hanging out topside. We dove the Onondaga. The highlight of the dive was when I ran across a tautog that tried to swim away from me but was making no headway. When I looked closer at this fish swimming in place I found that it had a hook in its mouth which was attached to the wreck so that the fish was tethered in place. The fish looked healthy so I doubt it had been this way for long. I was able to grab it and set it free. I also saw a whopper of a striper on the wreck and quite a few nudibranchs. The vis was about 10 ft and the water temperature was 54 degrees. Matt and Brian's dive was a bit more eventful but I'll let them tell their own stories if they feel like it.

Saturday morning my good friends Dennis and Sue took me out on their boat to the Heroine! The temps and vis were about the same as the Onondaga. There were quite a few fish and nudibranchs about. Another great dive. It was great to hanging out with Dennis and Sue again.

Saturday afternoon I went back out on my friend John's boat. John also happened to be my wife's dive instructor and he was taking my wife on her final open water dive! If you know anyone looking to get certified I definitely recommend him. He's very good, very patient and an all around great teacher. He works through Giant Stride Dive Shop in Warwick. I stayed topside but the dive went great and my wife is now a certified diver!!!! Thanks John! :D

Finally Sunday I was back out with Earl, Matt and Brian to dive the P.T. Teti and the Bellville. I decided to give the drysuit a rest and wore my 7mm wetsuit for a change. I was a little cold on the Teti by the end of the dive. The water at 100 ft was 49 degrees. The Bellville was more comfortable at 54 degrees. Both sites had about 10 ft vis and plenty of fish.

Great diving. Great friends. A certified wife! Can't do much better than that! :D

we'll have to do it again soon!

Are you some sort of mind reader? :D

This is actually the last weekend before Hawaii for me!

Back
Top Bottom