Diving Newfoundland?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Im From Corner Brook Iv dove on one of the wrecks in french mans cove, It dosnt have much left to it tho, I am a newby diver only about 10 or so dives under my belt, but Id love to get in the water for a dive if you are looking for a buddy. Im Leaving Newfoundland after xmas and wont be back tell august so i would LOVE to get some last dives in before i go, so if your looking for a buddy send me a msg.

Hi me and a couple of friend are planning to go to to Newfoundland this summer too we are a bit easy on date we plan to stay 2 to 3 weeks. most of us wil be diving Rebreather is it easy to get O2 in local dive shop

Next question is: what is the best period to dive May, June, July ????

Thanks

I think we have dove together a couple of times on the River...and I believe we met also at the Deep Pool in Montreal and at Dan Humbels shop. I still hve your card (yellow plastic) kicking around here somewhere...Do I have the right Maxx??

I moved back to Nfld in 2004 and am loving the diving... You won't have any problem getting O2.

Check out www.oceanquestcharters.com they are located right on the Bay and make a couple of trips out to the Bell Island Wrecks each day...

You will love the wrecks...

Valda, dove here this past summer and placed a report and losts of pics on her web site www.wrecksandreefs.com if you have a look I think you'll be impressed...

Also, please PM me and give me some info on the possiblility of you brining down an Inspiration for training purposes...and perhaps train me...

Cheers for now
Joe

your are right I'm that Guy :) will PM you

i've been looking at Valda Picture, I'm impressed

I think it one trip I will enjoy

Yeah awsome pics... i would like to dive them sites.. Guess it will be when i get back to newfoundland from school.

Gues I should learn to check the date messages are posted before replying. I just sent NEWFOUNDLANDER a message 2 years after his trip.
Hi Joe I was one of the peolpe finishing off my Advanced with Michael at Spoon Cove when you where out playing with us.
Like Joe I live in Nfld and have done all my diving here, AND LOVE IT. If anyone is on the east coast and wants a buddy. My husband and I are usually around and game to dive. Give us a message and see.

Sue

Sure, I remember you guys and you were at the ISDA meeting at Plesentville... I missed the last one due to a ski vacation.

I was out to Dildo for a dive on Fri...it was okay...although a tad chilly 35F...Oh boy and only another couple of months to chill it further... :eek:)

See ya soon

Joe

Joe
Thinking about Holyrood on Sunday, the 30th. Just gone dry. 1 1/2 weeks ago diving wet got a little too COLD. Might be doing some training with the "by's" at OQ in the next couple of months. See ya 'round.

Sue

Back
Top Bottom