Diving North WA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adamtodd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, my name is Adam Todd, and I am interested in diving around the Seattle/BC area. I am a DM with 500+ dives and am diving a HOG set-up know. All of my dives have been in warm water.

I have always been really interested in diving the NW, and I am now kinda formulating a plan to make it happen in the future.

First of all I am wondering about Gas. Are there shops up there mixing gas and/or doing air fills? If so what is the charge?

Second: I have all my own gear, with exception to tanks (due to the fact I was always travelling) . Do most people up there have there own tanks, or are they usually rented from the dive center? If so, are twins available?

Third: Is much Technical diving going up there?

Right on. Thanks for your time. If anyone has any advice for me about diving Nor WA, that would be appreicated!
Thanks Again!

Hi, Adam!

We have several shops doing mix fills, and the price varies. Right now, I think I'm paying about 60 cents a cf for helium, but I have a yearly membership deal at our shop that reduces my price considerably. There are quite a few shops that will fill Nitrox, and some even while you wait; there are tons of shops filling air.

Most people who dive here regularly end up owning their own tanks. But tanks are certainly available to rent, and even more to borrow if what you are contemplating is just a visit. And among our little circle of tech diving friends, you can borrow just about any size or brand of doubles your heart desires :)

There is a pretty active technical diving community here, and it comes in all flavors. There are some deep wall dives that are fun, in the 130 - 150 range, and quite a few wrecks in Lake Washington in that range. The technical wrecks in the Sound tend to be more in the trimix range, and often require advance arrangements with Vessel Traffic control, as they lie in shipping lanes. To do any of those wrecks, you'd have to be here long enough to make some connections with the groups that do them.

Diving in general in the Seattle area is readily available and pretty diverse, from rock piles to walls to wrecks, shore diving and boat diving, slack diving and drift diving. Our conditions are favorable for diving SOMEWHERE almost every day of the year, although the best sites are either exposed or current-sensitive, or both.

When you get your plans laid, let us know how long you will be here, where in the area you will be, and what kind of diving you want to do. You shouldn't have any problem finding someone to do it with :)

When you get your plans laid, let us know how long you will be here, where in the area you will be, and what kind of diving you want to do. You shouldn't have any problem finding someone to do it with

Talk about a trick of the eyes! The way that statement appeared on my screen, the first time I read it I thought it said "When you want to get laid, let us know." For a minute I thought I was on a whole different board!!!!!!! :shocked2::no::dork2:

Adam, in addition to this board, you might check out Northwest Dive Club It's a VERY active group of local divers who will be happy to help you with just about everything including tanks.

No, Dave, I'm promiscuous as a dive buddy, but not any other way! :D

adventuresdownunder

Adamtodd, if you hook up with this fellow, your sure to be happy and dive alot of tech dives. Ron does wreck charters often. There are alot of tech dives from shore, just not wrecks. Deep diving is way cool here. Dive dry is going to be your first step so look into that before comming.

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom