Diving on a budget in the Caribbean...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

becky_scuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My friends and I want to go on a great dive trip to somewhere warm and caribbean next June or July. We are on a budget and are wondering if anyone knows where you can get the best bang for your buck?

Diving on a budget.:shocked2:

you might take a a look at wannadive bonaire.Rooms are cheap and clean.
Tankrates are IMO fair.

Have fun.:D

My friends and I want to go on a great dive trip to somewhere warm and caribbean next June or July. We are on a budget and are wondering if anyone knows where you can get the best bang for your buck?

yeah, you posted this in the Bahamas Forum and there is nothing budget about the Bahamas.
Look at places like Cozumel for the cheapest vacations. Also, just across the water in Playa del Carmen there are tons of small hotels and dive shops with deals. The airfare to Bonaire is usually high but once you get there you can do it pretty cheap, lots of small hotels with kitchens so you can fix your own meals instead of eating out all the time. There are also some pretty cheap places on Utila and Roatan.

But for the best "bang for your buck" I would look at one of the all-inclusives in Roatan. You get 4-5 dives per day plus your food and room, never need to leave the resort so no taxi/rental car expenses. For a dive dive dive vacation it can't be beat and the diving is an A+ for the Caribbean.

deals to look at here:
Caradonna Dive Adventures - Dive Travel and Vacations
Bay Adventures :: Dive Adventures and Island Vacations :: 888.599.3483
Welcome to CoCo View Resort

I don’t think you can plan budget vacation a year in advance (but if anybody knows how I am interested to learn). Discounted air, if any, is usually available only weeks in advance. Though Bahamas is closer then many other destinations air (and hotels and diving) are usually not the cheapest. Blackbeards will be probably the cheapest option ($ per quality underwater hour).

Airline Tickets, Cheap Hotels, Vacation Packages & Travel Deals

You can get flights and rooms dirt cheap. In Grenada I stayed at the Bel Air Plantation for 2 days during honeymoon for around $65/night. One time I got the Flamboyant for $39/night (normally over $100)...

Diving on a budget.:shocked2:

hahaha! :D

well, my trip to Cozumel was cheap, I used the Orbitz 200entertain code for a package and the diving was fabulous, I can't see it getting any better than that!! If you want cheap and good diving, Coz is very hard to beat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom