Diving on a Caribbean cruise!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
After years of cold British diving I'm finally booked on a cruise holiday to the Caribbean, where I hope to do some diving, and my boyfriend can do try dives. We need some help though- we're not sure who to go with on the islands. We would need a dive shop who can provide transfers from the port or are practically within walking distance, and small groups preferably.

If anyone knows any good PADI dive operators in the following places that would be great!

Oranjestad, Aruba
Kralendijk, Bonaire
Roseau, Dominica
Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas
St Johns, Antigua
Castries, St Lucia
Bridgetown, Barbados
Basseterre , St Kitts

We won't dive in all those places as we know some of the above aren't famed for diving, but as much info as possible would allow us to choose.

Thanks for any help!

All of the cruse lines have deals with local dive shops to assist ship's divers.
They will charge you a bit more, but they will come to the ship, pick you up,
have gear, a boat and often some food and drink. Take you to the dive sites via
boat, have a Dive Master go with you and get you back to the ship before it sails.

I have often gone this way.

On the other hand, I have also gone the other way and found my own dive
shop and gone with them. The price is much better, but you often have to
make your own way to and from the dive shop from the ship. Also, if the
dives go late and the ship sails without - YOU MUST PAY YOUR OWN WAY
TO THE NEXT PORT to meet the ship!

If you go with a shop that has a deal with the ship, and the dives run late -
the ship will wait for you!

Hope that this helps. Enjoy your dives which ever way you go.

Yeah we are thinking of doing it through the cruise ship but its just so much more expensive! If the prices work out not much cheaper we will play it safe and book through Princess, but if there's a massive difference we may take the risk.... I just have to dive the Caribbean!

And thank you DeputyDan, I've emailed him and am awaiting reply.

In St. Thomas try Admiralty Dive or Blue Island Divers - both will pick you up at the cruise ship dock.
If your ship docks at Crown Marina you can walk to Blue Island. Most dock at Havensight though.

Hi CharlieMarie.
Hey, I used to love cold british diving, but I have to admit that the warm water here in St Kitts is absolutely great.
Come and dive with us at Pro Divers, we are only a few minutes from the port and I would be happy to take a fellow Brit on a Discover Scuba Dive.
You will find some reviews on our service here on scubaboard.
Take a look at the web site for all the details
Wherever you decide to dive, enjoy the warm water, great viz and the sea life.

We just returned from a Caribbean cruise this past week. It's a great way to hit a bunch of different dive locales within a week!

We dove in Dominica with AL Dive and with Pro Divers in St. Kitts. Both were great operations and I would highly recommend both.

In Aruba, I had a great experience with JADS (jadsaruba.com). Walter and JP took good care of me. They are more south (Baby Beach - which is a pretty nice beach used mostly by locals), but they picked me up and took me home to the northern part of the island.

After years of cold British diving I'm finally booked on a cruise holiday to the Caribbean, where I hope to do some diving, and my boyfriend can do try dives. We need some help though- we're not sure who to go with on the islands. We would need a dive shop who can provide transfers from the port or are practically within walking distance, and small groups preferably.

If anyone knows any good PADI dive operators in the following places that would be great!

Oranjestad, Aruba
Kralendijk, Bonaire
Roseau, Dominica
Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas
St Johns, Antigua
Castries, St Lucia
Bridgetown, Barbados
Basseterre , St Kitts

We won't dive in all those places as we know some of the above aren't famed for diving, but as much info as possible would allow us to choose.

Thanks for any help!

Check out cruisecritic.com. Check out the diving/snorkeling area and perhaps re-post this there. You might get more insight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom