Diving options in Tofino (or elsewhere on Vancouver Island)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

full fin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I will be in Tofino from 8/3-8/10 and would like to do a day scuba diving. I would be willing to drive an hour or two if necessary to get to a decent dive shop/dive location (but closer is better).

Any suggestions on who to dive with or where to go to get the best experience on Vancouver island?

Also, do the dive shops there generally have wetsuits available for summer diving?

Thanks

I don't think there are currently any dive shops in Tofino. There used to be one, but I heard recently it was closed.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks Bob. Any suggestions on where else on Vancouver Island I should look to find my way out? I can find some dive shops googling but any thoughts on which might be more active/worth the drive from Tofino would be appreciated.

Hi there. Nanaimo Dive Outfitters based in Nanaimo has both boat and shore diving options available. I will PM you with some extra information. Feel free to message, email, or call and we can help get you in the water.
:scubadive:

You can give UB Diving in Courtney a try: UB Diving Home Page

I have gone with them many times.

Bill

Nanaimo or Victoria are probably your best bets for diving. In Victoria, talk to the folks at Ogden Point Diving ... you can shore dive the breakwater right in front of their shop ... or if they've got a boat going out, the wrecks (McKenzie and Church) or Race Rocks are great dive sites ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It is Tofino - take your wetsuit and go surfing.

I was in Tofino last week and there is a new dive shop that opened on the right as you enter the town. I asked at Atleo River Air and was told it just opened recently. I cannot remember the name, however. I was told diving was excellent from around November until February or March.

Uchulet is a great place to dive out of. I remember almost in front of the main dock a site that had wolfeels. There's also a pinnacle that's amazing but it's got to be a good day. You could also go to Campbell River & dive with Earl at Abyssal Dive Charters for some excellent current diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom