Diving Powell River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M.HARDY

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Hi There,
I've been invited to do some diving in Powell River and I was hoping someone could give me some info on what I could expect...not sure what dive sites we'll be going to
Thanks
Mario

It's going to be Shore Diving

I've always enjoyed diving at Powell River. There is the mermaid, and various other dives around there, some wrecks that you can do from shore and I usually end up going over to Texada island and doing a dive or two as well.

Sort of the usual lower mainland types animals and stuff, Octo, the odd Wolf eel, been buzzed by California sea lions, pretty decent fish in most spots, the usual nudibranchs, sponges etc.

The shop up there is pretty helpful, Oh and don't be confused if the Dive shop at the store by Beach Gardens looks closed, they moved locations and i guess never took down the old sign, give them a call for their new location.

Kerry

Hi Mario,
We have some great shore diving (and boat diving) here. I was on the wreck of the Malahat today, which is a local shore dive. Vis was great, lots of fish on the wreck, lots of nudibranchs, ling cod are guarding their eggs now. The mermaid is a good shore dive and there is a wall behind the statue that goes a little deeper. Okeover Inlet breakwater is another great shore dive. Tons of life on the wreck. Come by our shop for some ideas. 7050A Field St. which is off of Joyce Ave behind Liquidation World.

Cheers,
Scott

Back
Top Bottom