Diving Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great...... YOu could always ride over in my Zodiac on friday........ I am thinking of going depending on work and weather.... If no trailer to the SW. Hope you have a good time....

Just got to Culebra after 4 nights at the Fajardo Inn. The hotel was nice, but I already wish those four nights had been spent here. Better atmosphere, lots of stuff in walking distance, beautiful area and great food. Speaking of which, I just ate my first lion fish. Amazing! Definitely recommend you make it to Culebra. We took the ferry from Fajardo. Just a heads up though, this week is apparently spring break for Puerto Rico so plan ahead for a lot more people being out and about.

Just got to Culebra after 4 nights at the Fajardo Inn. The hotel was nice, but I already wish those four nights had been spent here. Better atmosphere, lots of stuff in walking distance, beautiful area and great food. Speaking of which, I just ate my first lion fish. Amazing! Definitely recommend you make it to Culebra. We took the ferry from Fajardo. Just a heads up though, this week is apparently spring break for Puerto Rico so plan ahead for a lot more people being out and about.

Glad you made it..... I forgot that it was spring break but wait until friday.... Easter Weekend and more will be heading over there.........
Have fun........ Tell Walter HI from Bryan

I was also planning a trip to either Vieques or Culebra, however the inter island flights I need are not available.

So I am considering mainland Puerto Rico. I am looking for somewhere safe, low key, good restaurants and bars - nothing crazy though, and good diving and snorkeling.

Any input & ideas are appreciated, as I am under a time crunch with 10 days to go.

Thanks.

troyce, if you're staying on the mainland ya gotta get out to Guanica/La Parguerra in the SW. Island Scuba will get you to the wall.

VDCFitz
www.viequesdivers.com

---------- Post added April 4th, 2012 at 03:20 PM ----------

FYI to all...this week/weekend is the busyest time of year for travel to Vieques/Culebra/PR

VDCFitz
www.viequesdivers.com

fr8dawg and vdcfitz. Taking your advice. We booked Island Scuba for a week in mid May. I'll try to make some notes for a report. I picked Puerto Rico because the air and lodging seem like a great deal compared to the other islands right now. Ron

I will be spending a couple of days in SJ, PR at the end of May for business. I may have a day either side of the working week to swindle some dive time; any recommendations for a quickie trip?

Any divign within reach of SJ?

muchas gracias.

Drive over to Marina del Rey (Sea Ventures) in Fajardo and hop a dive boat there. They are the closest and best in Fajardo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom