Diving Puerto Vallarta...wetsuit recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Laurie,

Appreciate any info you post after your diving as I am going March 4. Hoping the water warms a degree or 2 from whatever it is now. I'm usually a Caribbean diver and my 3mm, shorty, or skin/rash guard is usually enough.

Jon

UW Shots in El Morro, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

GOPR0047.jpg

GOPR0043.jpg

GOPR0067.jpg

Here's a short video i took in El Morro

[video=youtube;-T_FVNA5OFc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T_FVNA5OFc[/video]

Just got back from the cruise last night. I checked my log and the temperatures were 71 and 72 degrees at Las Murrietas. I wore a dive skin and a 5 mm and was very comfortable.

I Spent 40 days in PV last Dec & Jan and did all the dive sites. Diving there is not worth it, not much to see underwater. Really disapointed of this destination :-(

"Envoyé depuis mon SM-T310 avec Tapatalk"

Safety Stop

I agree thats why i only made 2 dives while i was in PV. Just booked a 7 day dive trip to Cozumel today for june 28 to July 5 thru my LDS. Im very excited!

Funny, I saw tons of fish, eels, lobsters, and even an eagle ray. I found Puerto Vallarta to be very representative of the extensive species that live in the Sea of Cortez.

Laura, the day before there was a manta ray and 2 boats encountered orcas. Saw lots of eagle rays. Had a good time though especially with the caverns and swimthru's

Plus my hotel and airfare were free since i won them at a contest here in Colorado Springs 😃

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom