Diving Related Books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GearHead

Contributor
Reaction score
What are some of your favorite diving related books? Feel free to mention anything including fiction, non-fiction, novels, etc.

On the suggestion of a friend, I just ordered "The Last Dive: A Father and Son's Fatal Descent into the Ocean's Depths" by Bernie Chowdhury which I'm eagerly anticipating. Also, I've recently read and re-read the DIR-F book by Jarrod Jablonski, but I can never have enough titles on my "to read" list.

Thanks in advance!

Rick

I was disappointed with the "Last Dive". Although the parts pertaining to the dive were very informative, the book rambles way too much about a totally disfunctional family to just add pages IMO.

Interested in seeing responses to this topic. I have not found any good books so far :(

I liked Deep Descent I can't remember the authors name but it's about diving on the Andrea Doria.
Also, Neutral Buoyancy, adventures in a liquid world by Tim Ecott.

Scott

It is a story about the salvage diving operations after the attack on Pearl Harbor in WW II.

A amazing read, I have read it twice now and think it will be one I will come back to every two years or so...

Hope you guys enjoy it to,

Jeff Lane

Beyond the Deep
Rapture of the Deep
The Cave Divers

And Deep Descent was written by Kevin McMurray...IMHO, it doesn't get much better than The Last Dive and Deep Descent.

"Neutral Bouancy" by Tim Ecott. An excellent read! It contains many personal scuba stories, but also an indepth history of man's attraction to the sea and interviews with key people along the way.

.."The Silent World"..by Jacques Cousteau. Great stories about how it all began and their experiments with the "Aqualung". Really makes you appreciate the equipment we have to work/play with now.
Randy...

I too just finished Neutral Bouyancy by Tim Ecott. It was great!! Depth of research, and actual contact with people involved in different subjects provided interesting reading. Personal experiences tied everything together. A "Must Read".

Just started Deep Descent, about Andrea Doria diving.

Good reading!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom