Diving shops in Costa Rica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mashley

Reaction score
My brother and I are heading to Costa Rica in a week or so. We already have our hotel and car rental taken care of, and are looking to book with one of two dive groups in Coco. I have been emailing with the Rich Coast Diving and the Deep Blue Diving. Does anyone have any experience with either group? How are the staff and the diving? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Mashley,

i did several dives with Deep Blue Diving, and there are no critics so far.
Rich Coast Diving is a big diving operator and i heard good things from them.

Diving in Playas del Coco is nice, especialy Argentaria, Monkey Head and Punta Gorda.
A nightdive is always a nice and surprising experience and if the weatherconditions are good give the Islas Muriecelagos a try.
Even if the Bullsharks are getting rare (i was 3 times there without spotting them) the 2 houre ride over there is so scenic that it is worth the money.

Chris

Hi Mashley,

Of course I can't say anything about who is better, it's a personal choice. I did want to mention that it's manta season right now and we have been spotting mantas every day, even at the local dive sites like Argentina. I hope somebody gives you a reply but I can tell you a bit about our shop. The owners are Dutch, Martin is a Course Director and Brenda a Staff instructor. The rest of the staff is very international, they come from all over the world and are all highly trained. Most are MSDT or staff instructors. We have 3 boats so it's never too crowded on board. We guide in small groups, every instructor guides a maximum of 4 divers. Our shop is a social place and we have 4 picknick tables outside to drink coffee or soda, log your dives or look at the fish books to identify what you saw on your dive. Every diver gets the attention he or she wants.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you need more information.
Happy Diving
Brenda

Does RCD have storage lockers for gear? We don't want to be lugging gear back and forth to our room. Is Coco Palms the closest hotel to the dive shop and the beach, how far from town?

Scubadude

I can really recommend Rich Coast Diving! I did my open water course at Rich Coast Diving and it was perfect! The staff and my dive instructor were very relax and calm in explaining me all the things you have to know. All the staff is very interested in the progress and help you wherever they can. The dives were amazing, sharks, rays, lot’s of fishes. It could not been better. The atmosphere on the boat was great, all the staff were so friendly and helpful. I’m really happy that my first dive experience was at Rich Coast Diving!

Hey Lisan,
Where did you stay for accomodations and how close were you to the dock, dive shop etc?. Your thread is very helpful as we are going in December.

Thanx,
George

Hey!

I stayed in Savannah hotel. Was quite nice! But I went for dinner one time and that looks quite nice as well! They both are in the center of Coco.

Hope you have a plesant stay,

Lisan!

There are many hotels in Coco, Savannah is a basic room and they have a small pool, nice, clean and cheap. There are quit a few places like that, but of course there are also higher up places.
I guess Coco has something for everyones needs. there are also loads of different restaurants.

If you need anything specific let me know.

Brenda

So, i hate to hijack, but i have a quick question... How is costa rica diving? what kind of diving is available? Is there good surf in playa del coco? We are currently researching good places to get married in costa rica. We are doing a scouting trip this feb. and planning to get married there a year from feb.(2011) I want the best spot for our wedding, however, if that happens to jive with a place that i can both surf AND dive, Im a happy camper!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom