Diving Stuart Cove's Nassau Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks tony_webb that gives me an idea of what to expect nice report, I have heard that maybe I could get longer dive times if I go in the afternoon as the dive op is not in such a rush.

does stuart cove allow divers to bring their own cameras on dives?

i'm an avid photographer and i just picked up a new point and shoot, i'd like to bring it on the shark dives with stuart cove but i want to make sure they will allow it before i book my trip.

does stuart cove allow divers to bring their own cameras on dives?

i'm an avid photographer and i just picked up a new point and shoot, i'd like to bring it on the shark dives with stuart cove but i want to make sure they will allow it before i book my trip.

On the dive I just recently did with Stuarts Cove several people carried their personal cameras. They also had a nice big camera rinse bucket on the boat.

I do not see it as being a big deal but you could just email them to confirm it.

I dont believe they much care for resort divers or divers in training to bring cameras along (for obvious reasons of safety), but i've never actually seen someone prevented.
Mind you, i have seen an over keen father "disarmed" mid dive for continuously getting in between the instructor and her charge on an OW course :-O

They do run on a schedule of what time they need to be back by but a lot of it depends on the divers and conditions of the day . If the other divers on the boat dont mess around and you get in and out of the water in a timely fashion for the first dive you get more time on the 2nd dive . Sometimes the divers on the boat request dive sites that are further apart which takes away some time away from being in the water .I felt they were pretty good though .

I dont believe they much care for resort divers or divers in training to bring cameras along (for obvious reasons of safety), but i've never actually seen someone prevented.
Mind you, i have seen an over keen father "disarmed" mid dive for continuously getting in between the instructor and her charge on an OW course :-O

we are certified, just haven't been on hundreds of dives..

started last april, already have 25+ dives under our belts. :cool2:

The DM will give you very specific instructions of what to do and not do on the shark dive. He/She does not want you to lose your new camera but, he/she cares more about you not losing your fingers and hands.

At least they did on my dive.

Example: Your hands can look like the bait they are currently feeding the sharks on that dive and you are not wearing a chained wet suit. So do not stick your hands out away from your body. Its not the sharks you can see, its the ones hiding behind you that you can't see.:shocked2:

It is still a pretty awesome dive!

we are certified, just haven't been on hundreds of dives..

started last april, already have 25+ dives under our belts. :cool2:

Then i don't doubt you'll LOVE it. An instructor mate was helping out there on New Years Eve when this fellow happened by.......

www.finphoto.com

You just never know......So bring the camera just in case!

I got out on Sunday (3rd) and had great dives too. Very cold on the surface interval though!

Then i don't doubt you'll LOVE it. An instructor mate was helping out there on New Years Eve when this fellow happened by.......

You just never know......So bring the camera just in case!

I got out on Sunday (3rd) and had great dives too. Very cold on the surface interval though!

thank you for the info, i'll have to pickup a thicker suit for the trip.

Are you part of a dive op or just a local that dives a lot?

We are thinking of using another op for a 2nd day of diving while we are in nassau, i figure if i can go with someone known and from the forum I wouldn't have a problem using them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom