Diving Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AstridWilson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We (4 of us) are flying into Cancun and staying 3 nights at the Sun Palace and then plan to spend 5 nights at the Cozumel Palace. Two of us are interested in Diving in both locations. Suggestions??

For the cozumel side, I've used half a dozen ops on different trips and the two I can whole heartedly endorse are Aldora Divers and Living Underwater. A little pricier than some, but steel tanks, LOTS of bottom time, fantastic boats and excellent dive masters. On the other hand, if those Palace stays are tapping the budget, Dive with Martin is a fantastic dive op when trying to keep the price down. Boats aren't as nice, aluminum tanks chop the bottom time but the price is so low it's almost free.

Enjoy your trip!

Agreed on BillinDenver's suggestions and here are two more:

Dive with Martin

Aqua Safari

first class and open to suggestion

Hi, welcome to the Coz forum. Being a newer diver on Coz can be a little daunting. No worries who ever you choose you likely will have a great time.
I dive with Scubamaucozumel. Opal and Mau own the shop. They have an amazing crew of divemasters. They are very cautious with new divers and will go where it is safest for you. The shop is located at Villa Blanca a short distance from you. Opal will have a boat pick you up at the pier at the Palace. They have great gear if you need to rent. Just set that up before you go diving that day. You will truly have a great time with them. Language will not be a barrier. And dont worry about bottom time your profile will give you lots of dive time. Have fun kev.

I also used scubamau which is located next door to the Villa Blanca hotel. I liked that they stored my gear, loaded it on the boat and set it up after letting me show them how ai liked it. I didn't have to touch it except for initial dropoff and pickup. At age 58 and with some knee issuesI really appeciated the help. They also had me remove my bcd so I didn't have to wear it up the steps. They were carefull to ask if you wanted this help and some divers elect to set up their own gear. After watching them the first couple times i had no issues and just double checked everything. For us old, er, mature divers I couldn't recommend them more highly. Never had more than 6 divers on the boat.

Back
Top Bottom